Author Topic: Groups usage  (Read 2587 times)

gain

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Groups usage
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:29:46 pm »
I want to know if I can use groups to assign task to a group of users. Seems that groups are in the application only for manage permissions and not for managing task assignment.

I know that I can assign a task to a Company, but I have many groups under any company, so I can't assign a task to a whole company...

Thanks in advance...

Markus

• View Profile
Re: Groups usage
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:28:30 am »
Hi gain,

as far as I know: You can not

A Group does not have the same "level of  features", as a User or a Company has.

I've played a bit with a new ObjectClass "WorkingGroups" to have the same features available as Users or Companies have, but it's a lot of work!!

And as long as there is no roadmap published, where I can estimate, whether my effort goes down the trash next version or not, I won't go further on.

cheers
markus

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Groups usage
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:03:53 am »
Regarding assigning a task to several members, for the time being you may choose a company as asignee. If you do so, all the members of that company which have permissions in that workspace, are the ones assigned to the task.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!