Author Topic: z-push Backend Plugin  (Read 4553 times)

flowli

• View Profile
z-push Backend Plugin
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:49:48 pm »
Hello there,

this week I started hacking on a backend module for the two-way-sync framework z-push. It appears like an ActiveSync server to i.e. mobile phones and I made a basic sync of contacts with FengOffice possible (just a proof of concept).
But there are strange effects when directly accessing the database. So I would like to know if there is a contact and calendar API in FengOffice which allow proper access for the internal data model? If there is some kind of documentation I would adapt my code to it and publish the module for everyone to enjoy.

Cheers, Florian

nederlandlive

• View Profile
Re: z-push Backend Plugin
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 09:02:36 am »
Hi flowli,

I had the same idea a while back. I think z-push is absolutely a perfect option to realise (mobile) sync options in FengOffice.

I didn't really started hacking yet, but gathered a whole lot of conf's from similar (open source) collaboration suites already using z-push (to know how to get started.. because documentation from z-push is not that great in my opinion). If you're okay with it I’d like to join in and make this thing happen, it's the one and only thing I really miss from FengOffice and all former attempts for syncing seemed to have died off (It's not even in the 'Sponsor a Feature' list any more).

Cheers,
Joost
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 09:05:32 am by nederlandlive »