Author Topic: Companies with no workspace connection not displayed  (Read 2542 times)

Arrowsvienna

• View Profile
Companies with no workspace connection not displayed
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:28:42 am »
Hi,
I just tried to create some contacts and some companies.

When creating a contact, this person is not necessarily connected to a workspace, but can also "float" on the general level. This makes of course sense, because often you get in contact with a person and would assign it to a project later.

So I tried the same procedure with a company. I wanted to create it, but not connect to a workspace, so that it would be displayed on the general level. When creating the new company, by default your personal workspace is set as workspace. So I adjusted the settings and unchecked the "_personal" connection, so that the company would have no specific workspace connection.

From that point on, the company was never displayed again. Nowhere. ???
I checked the database, whether the object was deleted. It exists, but is not displayed in OG and I am not able to edit it.

Maybe this is just a bug that there is no error message like "you have to connect a workspace", to avoid companies not beeing displayed.

But I would appreciate it, if it would be possible to create companies with no workspace connection at all, just as simple as with contacts. Why isn't that possible so far?

Thanks for help,
arrowsvienna