Author Topic: FengOffice 1.7.5 does not create administrator and owning company  (Read 2992 times)

bryan641

• View Profile
FengOffice 1.7.5 does not create administrator and owning company
« on: September 09, 2011, 05:53:05 pm »
My setup consists of PHP 5.3.6, MySQL 5.1.50, Apache 2.2.11. But I'll admit right off I'm trying to install FengOffice as a "proof of concept" on a different operating system -- i5OS on an IBM POWER6 server.

All the environment checks list as OK.

The installation appears to work nicely and I get the "Success!" message on step 4 (Finish).
Database connection has been established successfully; Tables created in FOFFICE (my database name); Executed queries: 84; Initial data imported into FOFFICE; Executed queries: 11; Configuration data has been successfully added to the configuration file; File installed_version.php created successfully.

But when I click the "Finish" button, it takes me to the login screen rather than the screen to establish the admin account and owning company.

Anybody have an idea where I should look to make a correction in the code (if necessary) or to be able to see what is failing that I go straight to the login screen?

--Bryan

(The install ran flawlessly on my linux server, so I'm sure it's something to do with the different platform. It just seems like it ought to be something simple for me to fix in a script somewhere, but even with all the source, it's a little difficult to figure out. I was able to determine how the install steps are invoked, but that final screen to create the admin account I haven't found what conditions it to be displayed yet.)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:55:27 pm by bryan641 »

bryan641

• View Profile
SOLVED: FengOffice 1.7.5 does not create administrator and owning company
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 09:23:06 pm »
Found it. Somehow the GlobalCache was returning values for Company (and maybe other items), but they weren't valid. May have been left over from first attempt. Anyway, temporarily, I changed APCWrapper.class.php to return false for isAvailable.

This whole mess may have been related to that I first installed using the InnoDB engine just to make sure the software ran ok on my server. I changed system_config_form.php to allow the IBM DB2 for i database engine, dropped my database, removed the config and re-installed. (This was the point of my "proof of concept".)

FYI, the only other items I needed to change (so far) to use the ibmdb2i storage engine was to change the empty_datetime values to '1000-01-01 00:00:00' because DB2 doesn't allow 0 and MySQL doesn't allow DB2's low value of '0001-01-01 00:00:00'.  It'd be nice if nulls were used as a standard. ;)

It'd be nice if the SQL statements to create the tables and populate them would use EMPTY_DATETIME instead of constants. ;)

--Bryan

If anybody understands the cache well enough to let me know how to clear it, maybe I can enable it again.

bryan641

• View Profile
Re: FengOffice 1.7.5 does not create administrator and owning company
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:48:35 am »
Well, there are other issues with using the ibmdb2i storage engine with FengOffice, but I don't think I'm going to spend the time trying to figure it out right now unless there is an easy way to see the SQL statements that failed to execute when the engine returns an error message.
--Bryan

markc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: FengOffice 1.7.5 does not create administrator and owning company
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 01:42:38 pm »
On the base level I know you can turn debug to true in ../fengoffice/config/config.php but that doesn't really spew debug info about the database. I don't know of anything else on the FO side of things.

In mysql I usually just turn query logging on and then pull the data from the mysql server after the fact. Is there a place to do that in the engine you are using?