Author Topic: Check Mails & Reply Problems  (Read 1939 times)

krashnik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • HardMagic Publishing
Check Mails & Reply Problems
« on: September 23, 2011, 05:50:42 am »
I'm having issues with my check mails.  I have about 8 email addresses linked to the sync & I'm not sure if they are timing out due to a long query, or what the issue is.  

After about 3 minutes of "loading" after hitting "check mails" the program responds with "No Emails".  Upon hitting "check mails" again, it will finally retrieve the latest emails.

Upon looking in the debug, I come up with this:

Code: [Select]
#3 ERROR: Error: mysql_ping() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in '........................../environment/classes/mail/MailUtilities.class.php' on line 177 (error code: 2)
#4 DEBUG: Could not save mail, original mail saved as ........................../tmp/unsaved_mail_78383.eml, exception:
    Failed to connect to database
#5 ERROR: Error: Undefined property: MysqlDBAdapter::$link in '........................../environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php' on line 410 (error code: 8)
#6 ERROR: Error: mysql_ping() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in '........................../environment/classes/mail/MailUtilities.class.php' on line 177 (error code: 2)
#7 DEBUG: Could not save mail, original mail saved as ........................../tmp/unsaved_mail_78384.eml, exception:
    Failed to connect to database

Furthermore, when replying to an email, it will briefly show all the contacts at the top of the screen and then the message is only displayed on the lower half.  This isn't consistent and at the current moment, it is now not showing any buttons at the top of the email, so I can't reply, or see anything.

I've attached a screenshot to show this.

I could probably diagnose this myself if FengOffice came with a nice Codex like wordpress has.  The documentation here is horrible and that is why the core program only gets upgraded by a handful of programmers.  To have a truly OpenSource program, the plugin architecture & the documentation need to be updated immediately.  Our organization would even fund many other projects if FO was forward-thinking like this.  

OpenSource is not new-age... App stores, plugins, and dynamic documentation is the wave of the future and FO will be forgotten unless these are addressed.  Not to mention upgrading the forum where we can mention these issues.
Owner of HardMagic Publishing

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Check Mails & Reply Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:19:40 pm »
Those indeed are not issues we experience, so you may have something odd on your installation or on your server settings.

As to the documentation, we are aware the lack of it at development level, but everyone is more than welcome to help out with it since it is an Open Source application and you seem to have developed over Feng Office already, right?

Concerning the plugin architecture documentation, that is why we have created Feng 2, however, it still is under development - beta version -, so you cannot pretend there are no problems there. Once we are over with it, we will release some documentation, but once again, feel free to help out with this matter or with anything else you may help at if you already know it is lacking and have the knowledge to guide other users/developers.

Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!