Author Topic: New email grabs lots of contacts, but doesn't create draft  (Read 2784 times)

dabrowski

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
New email grabs lots of contacts, but doesn't create draft
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:16 am »
I set up an email and when I click New Email, I get the Back button and the whitespace below is populated with dozens of contacts, but it is not editable and there are no tools for writing the email.

It seems to be grabbing Company names separated by commas.

dabrowski

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New email grabs lots of contacts, but doesn't create draft
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 04:16:01 pm »
forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=3648.0 (Can't post links)

Just found this old message in Bugs:

Can't reply to it, but it seems like exactly what's happening to me. However, with the solution the author suggested, I'm still not seeing any anomalies in the Contacts table, so if anyone can point me to what I should be looking for, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

dabrowski

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:48:10 pm »
Okay, me,

I looked over the companies table, since it seemed to be trying to output companies before it fails. (The other thread has contacts.)

I saw that all of the companies that have an apostrophe aren't escaped, and I wondered if that was killing the query. So I removed the apostrophe from the 30 or so company names via PHPMyAdmin.

Problem persists, but now, for a company name that was "Brown's Company," and is now "Browns Company," I can't find the record in Feng with "brown's" or "browns," but it is still in the system and can be found by searching for "company."

Is that because I changed it on the backend and there is a cached index value or something?

Still not sure what's causing the problem in the Compose mode.

dabrowski

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 12:05:00 pm »
Ultimately discovered one company name that had a tagline snuck in with the company name, leaving Company Name "The best Company around." in the field. The double quotes killed the SQL statement.

So this is resolved. Hope it helps someone else on the forums.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:34:37 am »
Thanks a lot for your inputs. No doubt they are useful in the future!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!