Author Topic: Billing report not working  (Read 4492 times)

betty111111

• View Profile
    • Email
Billing report not working
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:09:26 pm »
Unless I'm missing something this is my situation.

- added a billing catagory
- assigned the billing catagory to a user
- added time via task and general timeslot for that user
- in the edit Workspace under billings the billing category is also listed there (?)

When I print a report of time for that user all the billing values are coming out as $0
 ???

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Billing report not working
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:48:03 am »
In the report generation screen, make sure to check "show billing information"
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

betty111111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:16:52 pm »
That option works to include or exclude the column which works.

However when it's enables and the Billing column is shown I am still seeing all $0 for every line.

Pet

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 04:02:40 am »
Hrm, I am too.  But at one time I did see the totals calculated.  I tried a bunch of things but could not get it to calculate.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:41:07 am »
Hi guys,

The total billing appears as $0 for the tasks or timeslots which were created before the billing category was assigned to the user. After that, billing amounts should start working correctly,, if this is not the case then we probably have a bug, but I guess this is what might be happening.

Billing amounts are set the moment the tasks / timeslots are being closed, because they could change with time and previous timeslots should not have their billing values updated. We could probably add an action to set all "0" billing values to the current billing settings for a user though, do you think this should be a necessary feature?

betty111111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 01:14:20 pm »
I have confirmed that this is the case.   

Perhaps there needs to be some method to either change the billing rate.    For example if there is a rate change.

If a user does have the ability to override the rate maybe it can be flagged or colored differently for auditing reasons and fraud prevention.

This borders between a bug and a Feature Request.

Pet

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 07:37:32 pm »
This appears as a bug to me.  One should be able to set and change a billing rate as needed by admin.

Is there a hack that I can do that will update my reporting to show the calculated values?