Author Topic: Upgrade from 0.7.1 ?  (Read 3539 times)

azerty

• View Profile
Upgrade from 0.7.1 ?
« on: September 25, 2008, 01:16:23 pm »
the version 0.8 has three problems...

If you create a workspace with a parent workspce (any), then edit it and give it NO PARENT, it disapears from the left list, but stays in the administration list displayed.

There is no upgrade from the 0.7.1 to 0.8, there is only from 0.7 to 0.8 and if i choose that, there is a mysql 4 error, blog something or text something. Same problem with installation from 0.6.6

And last, the group management gives us 500 internal server errors. I can add and remove groups, but once it is added, cannot change the permissions.

Why can't I remove myself from admin group ? I want to create an administrator because my members don't want me to be able to view their workspaces.

azerty

• View Profile
Re: Upgrade from 0.7.1 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 01:49:52 pm »
the message says.

Failed to execute DB schema transformations. MySQL said: Column length too big for column 'description' (max = 255); use BLOB or TEXT instead

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Upgrade from 0.7.1 ?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:36:28 pm »
The message appears becasuse in some MySql versions VARCHAR columns cannot be bigger than 255 chars.  You must change the type to TEXT.
this means go to file:
/opengoo/public/upgrade/templates/db_migration/churro.php
and replace line 32 that says:
`description` varchar(300) <?php echo $default_collation ?> NOT NULL default '',       
with the follwing:
`description` text <?php echo $default_collation ?> NOT NULL,

Or else, wait until next release (0.9 is not far away).
about
If you create a workspace with a parent workspce (any), then edit it and give it NO PARENT, it disapears from the left list, but stays in the administration list displayed.
It is a bug, but if you refresh the tree it appears again.
Thanks for all the feedback.
Marcos