Author Topic: Extract icon missing on Zip file upload...  (Read 2465 times)

Thomas

• View Profile
    • Email
Extract icon missing on Zip file upload...
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:43:39 pm »
I uploaded a zip file a week ago, and it has the zip icon, and the extract button shows up and works. But I uploaded a zip file today, and it has a blank icon and the Extract button is missing (both lowercase .zip files).

I can also easily zip up files within OpenGoo, so I know the extension is working.

Did anything change in this regard from 1.4 BETA to 1.4 RC?

How does OpenGoo decide if a file is an archive? Does it just look at the extension?

Am I missing something else?

Thomas

alvarotm01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Extract icon missing on Zip file upload...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:53:40 am »
I think that file was uploaded with a mime type that opengoo doesn't support yet.
We need to know which mime type has this file, in order to do that i made a modification to the file view. The attach "view.php" must be copied in the directory "application/views/co".
By doing this you will be able to see what mime type the file has, and by telling us this type, we will be able to add it to opengoo.

I also attach a screenshot showing where is placed this information.

thanks!

Thomas

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 12:06:52 pm »
Thank you!

The MIME Type: application/x-compressed

Interesting because I tried both WinRAR and 7-Zip. Perhaps if I recreated the file in WinZip the MIME type would be supported?

alvarotm01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 01:08:59 pm »
Seems that different compression managers genereates different mime types (depending on their algorithms, i suppose).

We added support of mime types "application/x-compressed" and "application/x-zip-compressed", and will be available in version 1.4 final.

Thanks for reporting this issue !