Author Topic: Migrating a Site  (Read 2200 times)

Slartibardfast

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Migrating a Site
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:23:17 pm »
I am trying to migrate a Site from a Web Server (Internet) to a local Windows PC running WAMP.  I do this with other web based systems quite successfully, but I appreciate there are technological differences which can cause problems.

It's a 2.3 installation.  I zip up the file system, dump the SQL DB, and re-instate on the Windows PC.  It needs some tweaking of the config.php to accommodate the different environment.

However, I have not been able to get it to work.

Firstly, the Internet installation was set up using innoDB (as recommended during the install), but the WAMP environment does not support this (as far as I know).  I get an error when running the Site locally when config.php is set for innoDB, that it is not supported.

I tried changing this property to MySQL (in config.php), crossed my fingers, but it still throws errors as follows:

( ! ) Fatal error: Class 'DB' not found in C:\www\sitename\init.php on line 125
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0000 140240 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 0.0000 179504 require( 'C:\www\sitename\init.php' ) ..\index.php:9

( ! ) Fatal error: Class 'DB' not found in C:\www\sitename\application\functions.php on line 71
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0000 140240 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 0.0000 179504 require( 'C:\www\sitename\init.php' ) ..\index.php:9
3 0.0469 1027096 __shutdown( ) ..\functions.php:0

Is it the URL syntax that is an issue?  Don't know.  The syntax for browsing (local) site is http ://machinename/sitename/index.php.

But this is presuming that it is ok in the first place to change the config from innoDB to MySQL!

Any suggestions? I am not surprised that such a migration presents challenges, but it must be do'able?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Migrating a Site
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 02:46:14 pm »
Hi there!

We have done multiple migrations in the past and so far we have not found any problems.
So.. I would suggest looking into this article:
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/copy_installation

If that does not help, you can always consider contacting our Official Support Team to help you out!

Best reagrds,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!