Author Topic: Share tasks  (Read 2678 times)

RamiX

• View Profile
Share tasks
« on: April 26, 2009, 03:53:50 am »
Hi, it's my first topic, i must say that you did a great job with OpenGoo.
i installed  the application and set my self as an administrator.
i created more users and set them to companies and workspaces.
now i wanted to create tasks for other users, but i can's do it.
is there anyway to do that?
thank you

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Share tasks
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:30:16 am »
Why is it that you can't create tasks for other users? Are you getting an error when you try to do it? To be able to assign a task to another user you have to create it on a workspace on which the other user has permissions. To give permissions to a user on a workspace you have to either go to edit the workspace's properties (by selecting it and clicking the second button on the workspace toolbar) and then going to Permissions, or you can go to Administration -> Users -> (one user) -> Permissions and check the workspaces that you want the user to access. If the problem is that the tasks are not showing up, maybe you are filtering by "Assigned to" you, and so tasks assigned to other users are not being shown.

Double A Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 01:52:53 pm »
I have the same issue I think. I created two companies, one for my office and one for my construction crew. I can't create and assign a task for whoever is in the construction crew company even though their permissions appear to be sufficient for the particular workspace.  ???

Double A Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 01:53:58 pm »
So basically the construction crew company and its users don't show up in the "Assign Task" drop down menu box.

Edit: I pointed and clicked to success. I'm not sure exactly how I did it, but eventually I modified permissions enough to make it work.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:13:28 pm by Double A Ron »