Author Topic: OpenGoo hangs on "loading" after installation.  (Read 3492 times)

Chad

• View Profile
OpenGoo hangs on "loading" after installation.
« on: March 20, 2009, 12:25:33 pm »
I installed OpenGoo on a Godaddy Linux Shared hosting server the other day.  The first installation was unsuccessful as after a seemingly successful installation nothing would show up upon navigating to the OpenGoo folder.  I checked the thread titled "Blank Page - Help!" in this forum but none of the mentioned possible solutions worked.  At that point I decided to delete OpenGoo and restart.  My second install has been somewhat more successful.    I now see the login page upon entry to the OpenGoo folder on my server.  After a succesful login OpenGoo loads the navigation bar at top and then hangs with the "Loading" image and spinning gear.  I have now tried on 2 different computers and operating systems to see if I could target the problem.

Any ideas?  Should I just do a clean sweep and reinstall again?

Thanks mucho.

PeRKoniX

• View Profile
Re: OpenGoo hangs on "loading" after installation.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 05:57:20 am »
Hi

I have the exact same problem. I use version 1.4.1 (fresh download this morning).

I am installing it at an subdomain with MySQL / InnoDB as database engine. I watched the ajax request in Firefox with Firebug but it did not show any weird 404 or other failing requests.

If there is a fix for this I need to provide more information to trace this bug please let me know.

This is the loading screen where it is stuck
[not available]

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:53:07 pm by PeRKoniX »

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:14:34 pm »
PeRKoniX,

To fix the problem I cleaned the install and reinstalled everything.  I copied almost every file up individually while being as careful as possible in the installation.  Since I did that I haven't had a problem.

Good Luck,

Chad

PeRKoniX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:03:05 pm »
Hi,

I'm glad it works for you now :)

I am still not able to get it working. I am sure all the files are there because I just unzipped the files on the server itself using the unzip linux command. So for me there is no risk of skipping/missing a file with uploading or whatsoever. I already tried to do the setup twice but without any success.

What did you do to clean the installation? Just removing all the files? or did you also removed the database etc. could it be a security/user rights thing or something? devs?

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 03:46:33 pm »
To clean i manually deleted all MySQL files and then signed onto the web interface of my server and manually deleted the entire folder.  I then downloaded OpenGOO again, unzipped locally and uploaded folder by folder.  It was time intensive but maybe its worth it for you to do as well?

Chad

PeRKoniX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 04:20:39 pm »
Chad,

I managed to solve the problem. The cause lied within the .htaccess file in combination with a mod_rewrite rule. I used some mod_rewrite rules to handle incoming requests on within the top-level domain but it was also rewriting requests within subdomains. This was causing the all the trouble.

Adding RewriteEngine off to the .htaccess within the opengoo subdomain solved this problem for me.

Thanks for your help!

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 04:56:47 pm »
Ahh, good to know.

Glad to hear you go it working!

All the best,
Chad