Author Topic: Categorized Lists...  (Read 2640 times)

Thomas

• View Profile
    • Email
Categorized Lists...
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:32:46 pm »
I use the Overview and Documents tabs a lot, and I love the "View as list" feature on the Overview page, it's a great top down view of the recent activities. One thing that I think would make the table lists more usable is if they could be categorized with the headers of the sub-workspaces.

It doesn't necessarily need to be like the example below, but something that helps your brain process OG lists better visually. I've read about people wanting folders in the Documents area, and I've always thought this was solved using workspaces, but after using OpenGoo for a while, I see the need for something.

My example...

If I clicked a top level 'Design' workspace on the documents tab with many sub-workspaces, it would look something like this...

Design - Logos

TypeNameUserLast Update
FileLogo Design 01 Test.pngThomas05/24/2009
FileLogo Artwork - Symbol.pngThomas05/23/2009
FileLogo Fonts.ZipThomas05/22/2009

Design - Brochures

TypeNameUserLast Update
FileTradeshow Flyer.pngThomas04/24/2009
FileProduct Guide.pngThomas04/23/2009
FilePrint Artwork.ZipThomas04/22/2009

Design - Website

TypeNameUserLast Update
FileMockup Test 01.pngThomas05/24/2009
FileMockup Test 03.pngThomas04/13/2009
FilePrototype.ZipThomas03/02/2009

It could be a third option in the 'View as List' area. Maybe having the table headers (and sorting) on each section would be overkill, and you would of course have to decide what order you would sort... the entire list vs. a single sub-workspace. Group By is our friend ;)

Anyway, just my two cents...

Thanks,
Thomas

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Categorized Lists...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 08:30:29 pm »
Nice.  :)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.