Author Topic: How to edit the "getting started widget"  (Read 2617 times)

quichot

• View Profile
    • Email
How to edit the "getting started widget"
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:04:37 am »
Hi Guys

First of all, lots of kudos for OpenGoo. Great app with lots of potential!!
I'm starting to find out how OG can be usefull for my organisation.

One thing is puzzling me at this moment.
Is it possible te edit the "getting started"-widget as a sort of announcement widget. This can be very handy for global messages or announcements.

Right now i can't find out how to edit it.

Looking forward to your response

Regards

Ludo Arts Aka Quichot

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: How to edit the "getting started widget"
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:44:12 pm »
Actually this would make a good suggestion!  An "announcement widget" for all users!
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

Jwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 02:29:26 pm »
The content for this is located in a few places.

**Always Back Up your files.  (Just in case you mess up)

The text (like "Username, Welcome to your new account" etc etc) is located in

OpenGoo\language\YOUR_Language\site_interface.php

Obviously the directory "Opengoo" is the directory in which you installed Feng Office.  

Since I am writting this in english, "Your_Language" refers to the  "en_us" directory.  Adjust for your native lanuage and remember that should the user select different language file you have to update this as well or it will also show the original text for Getting Started.

The controls for what appears based on who is logged in (owner/administrator or user) and the related quick links are controlled from

opengoo\application\views\dashbord\widget_getting_started.php

I don't advise "newbies" to php play with this too much unless you understand the basics of how the calls and procedures work.  SYNTAX is always critical in any programming language and as others have said this is a hack! 

Happy coding.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 02:38:24 pm by Jwiz »

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »
There should be a "Message of the Day" file that is automatically "included" and displayed when all users log on.

As an admin, I need to recycle the system from time to time or alert people that it will be going down after normal hours, but there is no convenient way to do that currently...

It would be great if we had a MOTD file or an Announcement file that would display at the top of each workspace until dismissed by the user...
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.