Author Topic: Upgrade problems  (Read 2300 times)

emandel

Upgrade problems
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:48:23 pm »
Hi folks, I've been using Feng Office since 1.3 and am a big fan but every time I have to upgrade I have problems. I hope some of you can help me out here. (I am no database expert, just a DIY hobbyist so please bear that in mind. Talk to me like you would to a five year old, or a golden retriever)

I was running a number of instances of Feng Office - two years ago I tried upgrading from 1.7.5 to 2.0.0.8 and when that upgrade didn't go anywhere I gave up and started fresh, but I still have all the files on my server and a copy on my hard drive. The new copy was on 2.3.2 until yesterday when I tried upgrading it to 3.0 and that upgrade also didn't work out. I got an error (and i don't remember what the error was anymore) so I deleted everything and restored my backup, now I get a blank home screen when I log in.

• Ideally I'd like to get my old files back from the 1.7.5 that I'd given up on; is it possible to merge the Upload folders from the two installations and recover everything?
  • How can I at least save my more recent installation that's now dead?

Any ideas would be very appreciated.[/list]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 02:02:25 pm by emandel »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Upgrade problems
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:58:54 am »
Hi there!

It is a bit late, but, nonetheless I did not want to leave this thread with no replies.

The upgrade from 1.X series to 2.X was a bit tricky, specially if you had lots of data. Having a good server also helps, but even so, for some people it took over 72 hours to complete the upgrade.

Concerning the issues you are experiencing, I am going to private message you as they are quite strange.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!