Author Topic: Mail setup in v0.8  (Read 3233 times)

videosession

• View Profile
Mail setup in v0.8
« on: October 08, 2008, 02:14:28 pm »
I was using v0.8 and the email did not work.  I tried upgrading to v0.9 but I was not able to complete the upgrade.  In the meantime I reverted back to v0.8 and these are the hiccups.

1. I turned on the debug option in the config.php to get rid of the error as stated here on the forum => http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=123.msg433#msg433

This solved that error, but now opengoo reads "email retrieval complete..." but my emails don't show up in the list...or anywhere that I can find...hmmm?

2. Sending via SMTP yields an error "Error while sending mail. Possibly wrong SMTP settings."  My settings are correct. 

However, I think my Internet Service Provider blocks port 25 from all customers to stop spammers.  So I changed my setting to port 26 and I get this error "Query failed with message 'Unknown column 'is_read' in 'field list'', so I think I'm stuck. Any ideas? 

3. I noticed that the Admin can successfully send mass mail via phpmail instead of smtp.  Can I set that up for individual users also to use phpmail instead of smtp?

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Mail setup in v0.8
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 04:25:54 pm »
Hi, thanks for your feedback.
1.- Just in case, IMAP is still not implemented. Mails are currently "very beta", but we would love to solve your specific problem. Can you tell is emails were effectively downloaded (i.e. do they appear on mail_content table in the DB) ?

2.- You have an incorrect DB schema here. is_read is a column of mail_contents table that existed in 0.8 but changed in 0.9 . It looks like you have the code for version 0.8 and the database for version 0.9. This could be related to problem 1.

3.-No sorry, only administrative mails (i.e. notifications and assignations) can be sent via phpmail.