Author Topic: Import FengOffice database into OpenGoo  (Read 6296 times)

Daiver

• View Profile
    • Ahlera - Web design & development
Import FengOffice database into OpenGoo
« on: April 24, 2009, 02:44:57 pm »
Can it be done safely?

Also, I noticed that there's no way to import the database through the panel, so I assume I have to go to the command line to do it.

Are there any special requirements or instructions on how to do so?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Import FengOffice database into OpenGoo
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:56:35 pm »
Hola Daiver.

Good question. Yes you can.

But you should be aware that:
  • It would make me sad that someone did that (it would mean they ceased to find value on Feng Office services)
  • We would try our best to win him back
  • As it would not be in the best interest of the future of Feng Office/OpenGoo

;)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Daiver

• View Profile
    • Ahlera - Web design & development
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 10:14:33 pm »
Au contraire, mon ami.  :D

We need to talk and I'm really looking forward do doing so on 12/05 at our next meeting.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:14:00 pm »
 :) See you at the open coffee!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

DDeJesus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:31:55 pm »
I would give you a good reason for changing from Feng Office to open goo.  Feng Office doesn't allow you to customize the site with your logo or colors.  If you are using it as an intranet which is what I use it for branding becomes important.

I currently use Feng Office and really love it but it is the only software i have used and i have tested many that doesn't allow for customization.

Doreen

pminix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 10:54:05 am »
Also it is very important to be able to label data, screens, etc with intellectual property, export control, and other disclaimers and identifiers. 

Every business is different, my management is unwilling to allow the design of off-the-shelf software dictate how they conduct business - so a customizable, open-source solution is the way I have to go (They also don't want to pay for a customizable, commercial system with a massive annual support contract.)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 07:41:47 pm »
I would give you a good reason for changing from Feng Office to open goo.  Feng Office doesn't allow you to customize the site with your logo or colors.  If you are using it as an intranet which is what I use it for branding becomes important.

I currently use Feng Office and really love it but it is the only software i have used and i have tested many that doesn't allow for customization.

Doreen

Hi Doreen. Glad you like Feng Office!

I am not sure if I understand the issue. Feng Office is based on OpenGoo, so you could send us any customization and we would be happy to apply it for you, and even help you test it, assuring it works well, not only on the current version, but on every future one.

Maybe you refer to an interface that would ease the customization process? While I agree it would be nice to have, OpenGoo doesn't have it either.

Thanks for the feedback!  :)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 07:48:52 pm »
Also it is very important to be able to label data, screens, etc with intellectual property, export control, and other disclaimers and identifiers. 

Every business is different, my management is unwilling to allow the design of off-the-shelf software dictate how they conduct business - so a customizable, open-source solution is the way I have to go (They also don't want to pay for a customizable, commercial system with a massive annual support contract.)

I am not sure I understand your point pminix.

Feng Office is customizable, and it is open source. Feng Office offers two services:

1) Feng Sky - It hosts Feng Office software (OpenGoo) for your company, taking care of most system administration hassles like backups and system updates, it guarantees you immediate end user support, among other services
2) Feng Onsite - Your company hosts the application, while Feng Office provides all the technical assistance you might need to administer it, plus end user support.

Also, with this services, Feng Office is able to support the continuous evolution of OpenGoo (version 1.5 is coming out soon, and it will rock!  :D )

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 07:50:52 pm »
In summary, working with Feng Office will assure you the best quality of customization.  ;D