Author Topic: Problem with sending mails  (Read 3152 times)

killem

• View Profile
Problem with sending mails
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:34:58 pm »
Hi all :)

Here I test this groupware since today and I have a small problem to solve.

When I want to set the "mailing" in the administration I can not make it work with an SMTP server.

I've also have a problem when I 'm trying to setup my email account in "mail" the sends doesn't work
And  the reception (in imap or pop) is strange. It does not retrieve all my mail. Just a few mail around november 2008

I'm on the latest version of opengoo (1.4.2 I believe) and my ISP is Free.
I tried to set the efgr smtp, the gmail smtp (my email account is a gmail), and even the smtp  1&1 on which I also web hosting. It's on this server that I installed opengoo.

Is there a trick to make it all work? It's really the last thing to make it work.

Thank you in advance for your response :)

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Problem with sending mails
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:32:08 am »
When fetching emails by clicking the "Check mail accounts" only 10 emails are fetched by default each time. This can be configured in Administration / Configuration / Mailing. Could that be the reason?

Also you can configure a cron event to check email automatically for you. Check http://wiki.opengoo.org/doku.php/setup#setting_up_a_cron_job_on_the_server

TriskaidekaPiT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:33:29 pm »
Thank you for the answer ignacio !
I'm nearly in the same case that killem...

So I was wondering, what about the SMTP server...?
I can not make it work...  :-\

Thank you
OpenGoo 1.4.2 sur Free.fr

bigbearomaha

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:59:11 am »
make sure you are using the corect port for your smtp server.  if you are using SSL or other secured method, it may be that it is using a different port than 25, as many hosts do change those ports.

Also, check your authentication method is set correctly, you might consider using the log in name and password method instead of using same as receiving.

Big Bear