Author Topic: GelSheet - Question  (Read 8297 times)

amejat

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
GelSheet - Question
« on: August 06, 2009, 09:01:06 am »
There is something I do not understand about GelSheet:

- When I select "documents" and "new", I only have "document" and "presentation" options.
- When I select "New" from the quick link on the top right corner, it also includes GelSheet.

Why is there no direct link to create a spreadsheet in documents ???
Does it mean that Gelsheet is acutally not installed on my server but on your own server and we only have a link to it (concretely, is gelsheet completely installed on my own server or does it connect to an external server) ?

Thanks for your answers. 

amejat

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GelSheet - Question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:10:07 am »
NO NO NO !!!

I just updated to 1.5.1 and GelSheet is not integrated anymore !

I lost all the data we created using 1.5.0.

Come on guies, what is going on ????

amejat

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 09:42:34 am »
Such a mess...

So...

I upgraded from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 and I still have Gelsheet...

BUT on another install, I upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.5.1 and Gelsheet did not show up...

This Gelsheet integration really does not make sense.

Even if it works, such a non logical integration could be considered as a bug (at least for the fact that it does not appear when you upgrade from 1.4.1)

It is the first time I have a real problem with Opengoo but honestly, it is a mess.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:58:08 am »
GelSheet is not ready yet. It doesn't work correctly on IE and may have lots of bugs. The fact that it was enabled in 1.5 was a bug.

You can enable it again if you want by editing file 'public/assets/javascript/og/FileManager.js' line 339 and change from:

Code: [Select]
}}/*,
{text: lang('spreadsheet') + ' (ALPHA)', iconCls: 'ico-sprd', handler: function() {
var url = og.getUrl('files', 'add_spreadsheet');
og.openLink(url);
}}*/

to:

}},
{text: lang('spreadsheet') + ' (ALPHA)', iconCls: 'ico-sprd', handler: function() {
og.openLink(url);
}}

and also on file 'public/assets/javascript/og/QuickAdd.js' line 43 from:

// {id: 'quick-spreadsheet', text: lang('spreadsheet'), iconCls: 'ico-sprd', handler: function() {
// var url = og.getUrl('files', 'add_spreadsheet');
// og.openLink(url/*, {caller: 'documents-panel'}*/);
// }},

to:

{id: 'quick-spreadsheet', text: lang('spreadsheet'), iconCls: 'ico-sprd', handler: function() {
og.openLink(url/*, {caller: 'documents-panel'}*/);
}},

All of your data is safe, don't worry.

amejat

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 12:19:04 pm »
Thanks for the info on how to reactivate GelSheet.

Now the obvious question...

When can we expect a working stable version ?

I mean it is an obvious lack of OpenGoo and people on the forum have been asking for it for months... and you guies are surprisingly silent.

Do not you have a roadmap with some deadlines ?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 04:22:53 pm »
We don't have a deadline for GelSheet yet, it will be released as soon as it is stable and bug-free enough. It is feature-finished now but while it's not working correctly on Internet Explorer we can't release it. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. We'll try our best to have it ready for version 1.6.

Regards.

xxenon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 02:13:30 pm »
I followed the procedure given by Ignatio to make the speadsheet visible. It worked fine in Firefox. But when attempting to saving the sheet, it gives an error "Communication Error : Bad response format.(new SyntaxError("missing ) in parenthetical", "http://[server]/public/assets/javascript/extjs/ext-all.js", 24))

what could this be? thanks a lot - so far I adore Opengoo and want to broadly introduce it...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 02:15:11 pm by xxenon »

psilar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 11:30:32 am »
Being a software developer, I fully understand not wanting to release gelsheet until it's production ready - it causes way too many headaches otherwise!

However, given that this is an open source project, why do you care so much about it not working in Internet Explorer (the worst non-standards compliant browser out there)? ???  Why not just release with a caveat like, "for access to spreadsheets, you must use a standards-compliant browser like firefox, chrome, etc. - does not work with IE", and include js hooks to detect browser and display/hide spreadsheets accordingly.

I'm sure that for those who really want to use opengoo, using firefox or similar (if they're not already!) wouldn't be a major issue.  If there's other reasons for not releasing, fair enough, but "not working for IE" is far from release-critical in my [open source] eyes.  ;D