Author Topic: can i use opengoo to import my email from hotmail.com  (Read 3966 times)

bo3skoor

• View Profile
can i use opengoo to import my email from hotmail.com
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:05:58 am »
hello there,

Does the current version support importing/viewing emails from hotmail

if yes how to configure it while i hope it will support hotmail
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 07:22:44 am by bo3skoor »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: can i use opengoo to import my email from hotmail.com
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 09:49:02 am »
Hi bo3skoor.

Unfortunately, OpenGoo doesn't support importing email from Hotmail. In fact, I don't think that's even possible. The last time I tried to do that in Gmail for my sister I couldn't. Hotmail is too restrictive, doesn't support POP3 or SMTP or other popular mail protocols. They just don't want you to leave their web interface. What you could do though is configure your hotmail account to forward email to another email account that does support POP3, and then configure OpenGoo to check that account. Email you received prior to this is trapped in hotmail though.

They do have some obscure way to check your email from Outlook, but it isn't on our short term plans to support it , sorry.

If anybody knows another way to export your email from hotmail please post it here.

Thanks.

bo3skoor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:55:43 am »
thanks for the explanation. 

al least i know now that there is no way to do it yet.

i wish there will be a solution to it soon from some body else

technomensch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 05:08:38 pm »
hello there,

Does the current version support importing/viewing emails from hotmail

if yes how to configure it while i hope it will support hotmail

If you are on a Windows machine, specifically on XP, you should be able to download the Windows Live Desktop Mail software.  That would open connections to hotmail very similar to IMAP/MAPI.  Use that to download your mail locally.  Then use the IMAP from the same software (it is replacing outlook express with something that looks more like outlook) to upload the mail to this account.  Not sure about contact though.