Author Topic: Contacts Module - comments for companies  (Read 2577 times)

zajc

• View Profile
Contacts Module - comments for companies
« on: August 20, 2009, 03:25:58 pm »
Hi.

Firstly, I want to say that OpenGoo is great piece of software. I'm still very impressed of it's possibilities. But, there's some lacks for me, and the most annoying is absence of true CRM module - especially history of contacts with companies.

I just want to make small request, that will repair this lack - add comments for companies. Now it's possible to comment tasks, documents, but not companies...  I believe it's not require lot of work, but it would be very useful feature.

max

• View Profile
Re: Contacts Module - comments for companies
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 03:51:08 pm »
... which brings me back to the tool to replace all forums: The Comment Tracker, which could be its own application. Basically an overview report of all active threads of comments. This would mean that you could start a thread of comments on any item, a task, document, contact, whatever, and on the "comments app page" you'd see all comments grouped into threads, with the ability to reply immediately. This could also be a module for the overview page.

please!?

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Contacts Module - comments for companies
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 02:09:15 am »
... which brings me back to the tool to replace all forums: The Comment Tracker, which could be its own application. Basically an overview report of all active threads of comments. This would mean that you could start a thread of comments on any item, a task, document, contact, whatever, and on the "comments app page" you'd see all comments grouped into threads, with the ability to reply immediately. This could also be a module for the overview page.

Good idea in general, but specifically I would want to know is how would this compete with a forum in the following way: a set of comments about one object is already visible just by visiting the object. However, a forum goes beyond this by allowing a post (as an object itself) to link to multiple objects, thus a forum conversation would have the (supposed) ability to be about a range of related objects (say at the project or sub-project level), while a forum tracker would simply be a group of disparate comment threads, unrelated to one another in any meaningful way.

(sorry for going off-topic zajc, I guess this should be a separate thread)
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?