Author Topic: Contacts permissions  (Read 5290 times)

woland255

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Contacts permissions
« on: October 10, 2008, 10:28:22 am »
Good day to all.
First, I create a new workspace.
2. I create some user in some company.
3. In Workspace properties->permissions I choose this company and this user, and give to him full permissions.
4. When this user want to create new contact he see the message about absent permission.  :'(
What I do wrong? (i have version0.9)
PS sorry for bad English.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Contacts permissions
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:25:42 pm »
You have to go to the user's permissions (Administration / <user_name> / Permissions) and check "Can manage contacts".

We are considering removing this permission option. It's there because previously contacts were independent from Workspaces, but now that they are just regular content objects this permission in my opinion doesn't make sense anymore. What do you think?

Cheers.

woland255

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 04:42:58 pm »
I think you are right in this.
But i can't understand today's behavior of the global option: if i turn it on this user receives permission on all contacts or only on contacts in current workspace?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 06:56:14 am »
Currently that global option gives the user permissions on all contacts, no matter in which workspace they are. The per workspace contact permissions tells whether the user can assign or not a contact to a workspace, but there's a bug that allows the user to assign a contact to a workspace anyway. Even more, there's a bug that if you give permission to a user to manage contacts you then can't remove that permission. This couple of bugs will be corrected in version 0.9.1 out today, but there's still some work to do concerning contacts permissions for next versions.