Author Topic: Error in DataManager in the creation of a new model  (Read 3331 times)

corben

• View Profile
Error in DataManager in the creation of a new model
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:28:55 am »
Hello to everyone,

I have a very complex question and I made several tests, so it will be hard to be brief. I have to admit that I'm not an expert in PHP, so I hope I'm not wasting your time...

I tried to create a new model in the proper folder named ProjectProposalType. For it I created a new one based on the class structure of all the other files, so BaseProjectProposalType, BaseProjectProposalTypes, ProjectProposalType, ProjectProposalTypes.

The table is very simple, with an id (primary key) and a field "type" that is a varchar.

My application crashes in the DataManager (don't ask me HOW I got there, after a lot of echos and print), in particular in the function isReady(), called by function loadFromRow, called by the find function. The sql query is executed correctly and its results contains one valid row.

The crash happens in the only line of the isReady() function, which is:
class_exists($this->item_class);

I print $this->item_class one second before this call and I find that the result is correct: ProjectProposalType

This line crashes without any exception even in a try/catch block.
Am I missing something?? Has this something to do with folders or file names? Or with table names or with anything else but from the code?

Cause I really can't find a solution!
Thanks for reading so far!!
Corben

corben

• View Profile
Re: Error in DataManager in the creation of a new model
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:19:25 pm »
Ok I reply by my self... There was an error in the included class...

This PHP lacks of proper debugging tools...
Sorry for bothering!
Corben