Author Topic: ToolTips or ALT text on Workgroup Color Icons?  (Read 4491 times)

Goanna

• View Profile
ToolTips or ALT text on Workgroup Color Icons?
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:23:19 am »
My organization has just started using OpenGoo, and it's a great system. It's realy helping us to become more organized and effecient.

There is one thing I would like to request though. We are using all the different color icons for the workspaces to mean different things as to the status of the project. We have a Key printed out to see which color means what, but I was thinking it would be great if we could define what each color means in Opengoo, and then when you hover over the color icon with your mouse it would display the definition of the color inside a tooltip box, or even in ALT text.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:25:18 am by Goanna »

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: ToolTips or ALT text on Workgroup Color Icons?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 06:54:23 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion Goanna.
As this feature is not aligned with our current roadmap, it is very possible that it is not developed soon. However, as it seems like an interesting feature we can offer you the possibility to sponsor it.
Are you interested?
Marcos

Goanna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:46:01 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion Goanna.
As this feature is not aligned with our current roadmap, it is very possible that it is not developed soon. However, as it seems like an interesting feature we can offer you the possibility to sponsor it.
Are you interested?
Marcos

My company may be interested in sponsoring this functionality. Do you have a rough idea of what it may cost? Thanks!

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 06:50:34 pm »
Let's get into the details of it:

1.- An administrative screen where you can define what each color means

2.- Tooltips in the Workspace Panel for all coloured workspaces

Question: Do you wish to have tooltips with color meanings everywhere in the system. I mean  where the workspace name is displayed (i.e. all lists (notes, docs,etc), listing of workspaces of an object and other).

If you'd rather continue this by email, just write to me: marcos.saiz@fengoffice.com

Goanna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 09:36:29 pm »
Yep, that sounds right. An administrative section to define the colors, and then in the Workspaces pane you would get a tooltip when hovering over them.

Also, when creating a new workspace and choosing the color for it, the tooltips should work in that area as well.

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 05:06:55 pm »
Hi Goanna,

I'm interested in the way you use these colors. just out of curiosity: what different statuses have you got? open, closed, pending .... ?

Goanna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 07:34:31 pm »
We are using the colors to describe the status of a workspace.

We use them for status on Leads, Development and Billing.

For instance one color means it's a new contact/possible lead, another means it's a signed contract not yet into the development schedule, another means in development, another means development complete, etc etc.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 11:40:24 am »
Hello Goana,

I've added this feature to the sponsor a feature program.

A silver sponsorship (USD 200) would be enough for this feature. Just visit this link, create a new Feng Office user and go directly to Paypal.

Development will be ready in less than a week.

Thanks