Author Topic: Problem with upgrade to 1.5.3  (Read 4368 times)

Number8

• View Profile
Problem with upgrade to 1.5.3
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:05:26 am »
Hello,
I used the automatic upgrade to go from 1.4.2 to 1.5.3.  The upgrade process reported no problems.

When I first connect to my OG installation, I get two error messages (identical): "Error:  Cannot read 'length' of property undefined"

When I try to create a calendar entry, I get the same message.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks.

UPDATE:
Oh my.  I just selected "All" in the workspaces list and  clicked on the "Email" tab:
"Error: undefined is not a function"

The Email tab is completely blank.  No matter what workspace I select, I get this error, and a blank Email tab.

If this is what an automatic 'upgrade' does, and I can't recover from it, I may be done with OpenGoo...

I really would like to like OG, its feature set is great.  However, it seems almost every 'upgrade' brings a new problem.
An 'upgrade' that crushes  an existing installation?  How can that be acceptable?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:20:04 am by Number8 »

Syrion

• View Profile
    • Studio Krater v.o.f.
Re: Problem with upgrade to 1.5.3
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 09:24:48 pm »
What happens if you do incremental updates? So 1.4.2 -> 1.4.3 (or what ever is inbetween) -> 1.4.4 (you'll get it I hope) <snip> 1.5.2 -> 1.5.3

Number8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 09:44:41 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
To try your suggestion, I would have to somehow roll back my installation to 1.4.2.
That means using the 1.4.2 files on the server, but also rolling back the MySQL dbs to 1.4.2.
At this point, I'm not sure OG is worth all that time and effort.
(How would I roll  back the OG dbs to 1.4.2?)

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 11:00:16 am »
Is there ANY help at all with this issue??

I have the exact same problem when going from 1.4.2 to 1.5.3 using the automatic upgrade.  And every time that I try to do a manual install (or upgrade) on anything higher than 1.4.2 I get this guy:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I want SOOO much to like and use OG but nothing is stable and there are bugs at every turn!

Even in 1.4.2 the email notifications don't work at all.. I tried the solutions from the following threads:
http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=829.0
http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=362.0

and I only succeeded in sending out a test email, but no mass mailings, and no notifications....

I want so much to use and love the open goo.. I really do.  I'm supposed to be giving a demo on openGoo to the office tomorrow to show them how great it is, and that we should adopt it.. but no one will go for it if they cant even get notifications when they are assigned a task...

Is this all a ruse to get me to pay for support so that you can swoop in and 'fix' the problems I'm having?? ???
 >:(

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 08:35:52 pm »
It is definitely not a ruse.  For every person having trouble, there are 100 more who are having no problems at all (knock on wood, folks like me). And for those people, like myself, who have had no issues, we're not going to be much help.

You could try create a virtual WAMP configuration and try it.  I may be wrong but it seems like the fewest problems occur with people running Windows setups.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 09:38:43 am »
I think I may have fixed my problem.. maybe...

For those having similar problems with upgrading, I went onto my server and changed the directory name of my production install to opengoo1 (a quicky way of saving my info) and saved a backup of my database.

I then did a fresh install of 1.5.3 and got the famous 500 server error.  I went back into the server and fixed the permissions that got screwed up:

/opengoo/
/opengoo/index.php
/opengoo/public/
opengoo/public/index.php
opengoo/public/install/
opengoo/public/install/index.php

EVERY single one of them was at either 644 or 775 meaning that they were non-executable or the 'group' had write permissions.  They should all be set to 755. If you have the check boxes then it should look like this:
[X][X][X]
[X][_][_]
[X][X][X]

So once that was taken care of, my 500 error went away and I was able to continue with the install.

I've also figured out the problems with the emails, but I'll address those in the proper thread.  This morning I am going through the process of manually porting over the data from my old DB to the new one.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed...

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 03:05:29 pm »
Glad to see you narrowed it down to permissions. This may be why fewer WAMP setups have this problem, no CHMOD to worry about, and defaults to write/exec.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?