Author Topic: Problem with sending mails  (Read 2484 times)

jca

• View Profile
Problem with sending mails
« on: September 21, 2009, 04:16:59 pm »
Last Friday I installed OpenGoo and I am very exalted of it. But until now I am not able to send mails. Getting mails is no problem. Testing to send mails in the administration area also is o.k. But when I try to send a normal mail every time there occurs an smtp error. I tried all setting in administration area and in the account definition but there is no success.
I saw that I am not alone with such problems but until now I've found no solution for the problem also in this forum.
My ISP is 1&1, a german provider. It would very kind if anyone could help me solving the problem.

Joerg

spectra

• View Profile
Re: Problem with sending mails
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:55:12 pm »
First, know that ISP email server configurations and know them well. Verify the smtp server info and the login and alternate ports and so on. As a test, use an email client like thunderbird and verify you can connect. That will confirm your settings. Now use those settings in OG.

Since OG is ongoing work you must be sure the issue is with OG and not someplace else. So I would start there. Needless to say always run the latest version.

Mine works fine using OG 153 but I know all my ISP's smtp and pop info.
Spectra - OG Wanna Be | Down since 1.5.3 | Steady rollin with 1.6