Author Topic: suggestion needed for development setup  (Read 3586 times)

chasd00

• View Profile
suggestion needed for development setup
« on: September 23, 2009, 11:41:17 am »
So i'm working on adding a development setup section to the documentation and have a question for everyone.

When installing EasyEclipse would it be better to set the workspace to the installation directory of OpenGoo and import the project there? On the upside, you're working directly on the files being served by the webserver, there's no syncing required anywhere. However, it's sort of a hack in that the install directory needs to be named "og" in order to match the .project file and have EasyEclipse recognize the project. Another thing, if the developer has EasyEclipse already installed and working on a number of projects it's not feasible to move the workspace.

Another option I was thinking was documenting how to configure Apache to serve the opengoo files out of the default Eclipse workspace. The downside to this is having to go over all the Apache configuration.

Finally, I was thinking it would be good to keep the workspace and OpenGoo installation directory completely separate and using an Ant Sync task to merge changes from the project to the install directory. The problem here is syncing that many files takes about 30 seconds which is a long time to wait and see your changes. .. i dunno maybe rsync is an option, i haven't looked into that yet.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: suggestion needed for development setup
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:13:17 pm »
In linux you can use soft links to create a link to opengoo's folder (no matter where it is) in the apache's document root.