Author Topic: Theme Wiki  (Read 2514 times)

Junkah

• View Profile
    • Email
Theme Wiki
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:30:24 am »
Hi!
I've been doing a bunch of work on themes, here is what I've found so far (perhaps we can move this to a wiki when it becomes more solid?):

1) You can get a bunch of Ext js themes from here: http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15438. Each theme is made up of an images folder and a css file.
     A) The CSS files are for the most part useless, unless you want to take a bunch of time to plug them in line by line to your opengoo extjs css file. Simply replacing the opengoo one with a new one will result in losing some of the opengoo layout.
     B) It takes a bit of time, but using an ftp client, replace all the opengoo images with your new theme images. Do NOT simply erase the opengoo images folder and upload the ext js folder! There are more opengoo sub-folders then there are ext js theme image sub folders, so what you want to do is actually go folder by folder, replacing the images that have the same name.

2) You will still see some colors that have not changed. Using ColorZilla and FireBug (I don't know the IE equivalent), you can track down those CSS elements to change. Some key files to take note of are:
     A) construction.css
     B) layout.css
     C) extjs-all.css
You can find all of these by going deeper in to the public/assets folders.

There are a BUNCH of things to change, which is a bit annoying, but once you get used to it (took me a couple of days), you learn to just be patient with having to deal with so many files at once.

Side note: ALL of the ext js theme have images that are MUCH lighter than the standard opengoo ones. Perhaps the opengoo dev team should consider switching to lighter images for faster loading time?

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Theme Wiki
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 10:03:03 pm »
Although I have a wiki account, I think this should be added and expanded on a bit by the devs.

(oh and by the way, thanks to whomever did the addition in the customization stuff that I hadn't had a chance to get to, sorry it took so long, I would have eventually done it!)
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

punchbrain

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Theme Wiki
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:52:47 pm »
 ??? it's the quest of the graal to change the template.
I did one with the tool for css and dreamweaver.

You can download it herehttp://www.myblissworld/ftp/template-grey-pulp.zip.

It's gray/purple.
But I still have a problem with 1 blue resistant thing on the top menu.
If someone find the way to change it in grey !!!! please tell me how. It make me crazy.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06:58:26 pm by punchbrain »