Author Topic: Unable to upgrade  (Read 2785 times)

tamalita

• View Profile
    • Enchanted Graphics
    • Email
Unable to upgrade
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:25:05 pm »
I have previously tried to upgrade from 1.4.2 to versions of 1.5. It has never worked. I tried upgrading to 1.5.3 last week and totally broke my installation. Someone suggested that I try to incrementally upgrade.

First, I created a new installation of 1.4.2 on my server. With that installation, I have managed to successfully upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.5 and to 1.5.1 with no errors. The database is of course empty :)

So I thought I would try on my working installation. Started with a fresh, working 1.4.2 and just now tried to go to 1.5. I get the same error as others, and that I've mentioned:
first that og_template_parameters already exists, so I delete that table (it's empty) from the database), then that og_gs_borderStyles already exists, so I delete that ... and now I get "# Failed to execute DB schema transformations. MySQL said: Duplicate column name 'cc'
# Error upgrading to version 1.5"

And I ask again, what column is this referring to??

You can see the results of this fiasco here:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/tamalita1/9-30-20091-22-54PM.png

---
Now, since I have been able to upgrade my new installation, is there a way that I can import my working data into this new installation???

---

Another issue that I am having is in my current installation (well before it broke again), I click on Notes on the dashboard and see:

but on my brand new installation I don't have this problem!
In the same browser (Firefox)

---
I have begun a trial with FengOffice. The only thing I don't like is that I won't have the backups on my computer. And I don't want to send clients off my website. I love having OpenGoo when it works, but I really hate the upgrade process. For now I am going to go back to 1.4.2.
Tamalita
Enchanted Graphics
Feng Office 1.7.3.1
Linux/PHP 5.2.14/MySQL 5.0.91

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
Re: Unable to upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 06:35:28 pm »
I also have this problem.. any time I try to take 1.4.2 higher I get the 500 server error when installed manually.. and nothing but white below the header when auto-installed.

So I guess I'm forced to continue with just 1.4.2......

William

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to upgrade
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 10:50:59 pm »
Agree.  1.4.2 is the last working version for me as well.  Seems the focus has been releasing new email features and not bug fixes.  This type of release cycle will just backlog an unmanageable amount of bugs.  Hope this changes.