Author Topic: Warning when navigating away from EDIT  (Read 2371 times)

neuroscript

• View Profile
Warning when navigating away from EDIT
« on: October 19, 2009, 04:52:00 am »
My business partner complained about this TO ME, as if it was my fault, lol. Anyway, when editing or adding an item, you can navigate away from your work without a warning about, possibly, losing your work.

I did see that if I was working on item A in section 2 (e.g. document A)., and then I move to calendar, then click the document tab, again...it shows me what I was looking at before. However, I just luckily stumbled across that feature.

Ultimately, I think it would be nice to see (perhaps as an option for users) a warning in such a case.

ALSO, another request from my partner: He states that while trying to upload a document (add file). His words:

"There is no way to know [that file uploaded] other than checking the network activity. I clicked many times until I discovered that the network got bogged down with repeated uploads that all overwrote each other."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:10:36 am by neuroscript »

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Warning when navigating away from EDIT
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:47:52 am »
Hi,

Well seen!!

For the second request, there is a plugin: http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengoo/files/.
Plugin Progressbar might be an option for you?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Warning when navigating away from EDIT
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 02:23:20 pm »
My business partner complained about this TO ME, as if it was my fault, lol.

Whose idea was it to use free software? :P
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.