Author Topic: Newbie question - Permissions related?  (Read 2848 times)

jhage

• View Profile
Newbie question - Permissions related?
« on: October 20, 2009, 09:19:26 am »
I'm more of a "front end" guy -- don't spend a lot of time in SSH or at a command prompt and have never really spent any time learning Linux or Unix...so pardon my ignorance here...

I've got OpenGoo installed and running but I can't seem to upload or save anything to my server except for project data.  I'd guess that it means I'm able to save items to the database, but not the file system.  For example, I can't upload documents or avatars or save e-mail drafts (or send/receive them for that matter).

I get the following error when trying to upload in the documents folder:

Error:

Failed to import file '/var/www/vhosts/[DOMAINNAME].com/httpdocs/[FOLDER]/tmp/og_1256123500_8223' to the file repository (unique file id: bfb6b4e38c91f77d3a682d1360e2b1542eb3d1e7)

I'm not very well versed in permissions...but I've essentially tried setting read/write access levels for the uploads directory, filestore, etc...and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I am also not able to send/receive e-mail from the user account level (I can send system e-mails from the admin account just not send/receive from the user level).

I spoke with my hosting provider and he seems to think it has to be related to something within OpenGoo because he looked at my permissions and it seems like everything is good to go.

I should mention that I do see files appearing in the tmp directory beginning with an og_ every time I try to upload or send mail...but they never seem to "convert" in to whatever format they are supposed to be...they just stay as temp files and I get the error message in OG.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.  I LOVE OpenGoo....I just need to get this problem sorted out and I'm free and clear to master it!!

Thanks!!

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
Re: Newbie question - Permissions related?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 05:20:44 am »
Which size are your uploaded files?
Gnumla
Tu sitio de Joomla! en espaƱol

jhage

• View Profile
Re: Newbie question - Permissions related?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:59:36 am »
The size has no effect...doesn't matter if it's 1K or 1M or 1G (lol). 

I should also be clear that I'm using the file system and not the database.

My *assumption* is that this is some how permission related -- but the error messages say it can't "import" the file -- and I do see files showing up in the tmp directory...so perhaps it isn't permissions related?

I've scoured the threads here and haven't seen anyone solve this issue...and it is mission critical for me at this point.

I've seen some references to trying to chown certain directories.  I've done some screwing around with permissions (I probably have some of the ones listed below set incorrectly now...).  I'm not sure if this info is helpful or not (I've got limited Linux/Unix experience) but I see the following with regard to  permissions:

All folders in my OpenGoo installed directory [777]:
Owner: my web user account name
Group: psacln

Upload Directory [777] :
Owner: apache
Group apache

tmp Directory [777]:
Owner: apache
Group: apache

public Directory [755]:
Owner: [user account]
Group: psacln

I'd be happy to pay someone for their time -- assuming they know what's going here...in general, is there someone who offers paid support for issues like this?  I'm a bit confused about who Feng is and how they are related...I see they offer support, but it i looks like it's only for their hosted version?  I need this resolved ASAP...thanks for any help!