Author Topic: How to Get Calendar Events to Show Up in Dashboard Widget for All Users  (Read 6114 times)

tgontz

• View Profile
I have multiple users that are all using a single workspace. (I opted NOT to create a workspace for them during account setup.) So everyone is using a single workspace. However, when users other than myself login there aren't any events in the calendar dashboard widget. How do I change this?

I would like to setup OpenGoo so that when anyone/everyone logs in they all see the events in their dashboard. Also when they go to calendar they have to the "User" to everyone to see the events. How can I make "Everyone" the default?

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
Re: How to Get Calendar Events to Show Up in Dashboard Widget for All Users
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 01:10:13 pm »
Is the event tied to that workspace?  if it is, then everyone with access to that workspace should be seeing the event.

You could also subscribe everyone to the event so that you know that they will know about it.  If you don't see them available under subscribers then they don't have access to the workspace that the event is tied to.

At least, that's how everything is supposed to work.

tgontz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 03:34:42 pm »
"Is the event tied to that workspace?" - If an event is always tied to a workspace then yes because I only have one workspace! If an event is not always tied to a workspace then how do I tie it to a workspace?

"You could also subscribe everyone to the event so that you know that they will know about it." - Is there anyway to automatically subscribe everyone to every event?

Thanks!

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 03:59:02 pm »
ok, so you only have 1 workspace available, and everyone has access to that workspace.

When you create an event and you click on 'workspace' under the subject, is your one workspace checked off?

If so, then it's tied (or attached) to that workspace.

Also inside of the Event creation screen, when you click on 'Subscribers' do you see a list of all your users? I believe that the system is set up to only show you the users that have access to the workspace that you have checked off.

If you have your workspace checked off and you dont see any users, then it would stand to reason that no users have access to that workspace.. if you DO see all your users then they should be able to see the event.  clicking on all of their boxes to add a check box next to them will 'Subscribe' them to the event (sends them emails when the event is created, or changed).

So let's say that you have your solo workspace checked off, you have all your users subscribed and still they are unable to view the events on the calendar, even after refreshing the browser.

Then I'd guess that you've found a bug of some sort.  The developers aren't real active on this board so when we find stuff like this, we're kind of on our own to figure it out and hope that maybe someone else had a similar issue and fixed it (and was nice enough to post their fix)

tgontz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:36:04 pm »
Ok, I follow what you are saying. I do only have one workspace and it is checked by default for all of my events. My other users can see the events when they choose the calendar and "User" is set to "Everyone." However, they are not subscribers of the events. I would like to be able to automatically make all of my users subcribers without having to set this in each event.

Specifically here is my situation. I was/am using WebCalendar for a family calendar. I exported it from WebCalendar and imported it into OpenGoo as an .ics file. There are hundreds of birthdays (family and friends) setup as events in this calendar. I have web calendar setup to send reminders to all of the users about a week before each birthday. I would like to be able to also do this in OpenGoo but I will/would have to edit each event to add subscribers and even after doing so if new users to my OpenGoo site come along later I will also have to add them as subscribers. I would like to be able to automatically assign all users to all of the events in/on my calendar.

Do you have any ideas as to how I could go about this?

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:25:57 am »
Ah HA!  I just thought about something... in Account>>User Preferences>>Dashboard there is an option to set who's tasks you want to see.

I always set the view to my own items, but you can also set it to view Anyone's items.

So when it is set to just mine, that also applies to the calendar widget.  and I only see the items on the calendar that are assigned to me or that I have been invited or subscribed to.

If you change it to 'Anyone' then you can see all of the events on the calendar widget regardless of whom they are assigned to.

If you're hoping to see only your tasks on the dashboard but everyone's calendar events.. then I think you're out of luck.

tgontz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 04:53:14 pm »
Hmmm. My installation doesn't work like that. I logged in as my wife and tried setting "Show tasks assigned to:" to both "Anyone" and myself (because I am the one who created the calendar) but no events show up. (After making the changes and clicking on "Save" I tried both refreshing the browser and logging out and then back in again but it didn't make any difference.)

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 04:53:52 pm »
Unfortunately I think you may have moved on into the realm of needing one of the developers to help you out.  And the only way that they seem to help anybody out, is if you pay for the FengOffice Support.  :-[

donarno2009

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 11:50:59 am »
I'd like too the tip to display to all users the common calendar by default and not the personnal calendar.
I'm testing OpenGoo for a choir with members and I'd like to place events that all members will see at first ('cause actually, by default the calendar displays "mine" and not "all")

interjinn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 11:55:11 pm »
In OpenGoo 1.5.3 edit the following file:

Code: [Select]
./application/views/dashboard/widget_calendar.php
Jump to line 176 and replace the following:

logged_user()->getId()
With:

-1 /* logged_user()->getId() */
This will do what you want with respect to the dashboard overview :) Unfortunately it's hard coded to the current user ID... it would be nicer as a config option. I'm still looking into the default calendar page which is being obfuscated by the last chosen setting being saved and loaded by default on subsequent visits.

interjinn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 03:40:10 am »
It may not help most people, but I thought I would share what I did to control the default selected calendar view. First off... a little info... our system uses an outside application layer to perform the login so that we can connect various applications and perform the login for each on the respective application's behalf. As such the login process is controlled from outside OpenGoo. During this process we have an onLoginHandler() which allows post login code to run. As part of control of the default calendar view we wanted to override the last selected calendar upon a fresh login. As such the simplest solution for us was to push the currently selected calendar the user's profile database table. Specifically this was done by issuing the following queries:

SELECT * FROM og_user_ws_config_options WHERE name = 'calendar user filter'
This gets us the appropriate configuration entry option ID. We then perform the next query to force the currently selected calendar for the currently select user:

UPDATE og_user_ws_config_option_values SET value = -1 WHERE option_id = 'OPTION_ID' AND user_id = 'USER_ID'
The value of -1 represents the everyone option. This works well since it overrides the setting for the month view, week view, and day view. I hope this may be useful to someone  ;D

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 11:56:01 am »
Cool beans, thanks!

tryxter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 08:57:59 pm »
Hello,

Again, this doesn't solve the real problem. I have the same question!

I've got some users tied to a workspace. If I add some events to that workspace, I have to subscribe those tied workspace users to the created event  and they have to answer that they will participate on it, for them have it shown on their calendar widget... This may sound a little strange, since the users may only want to know about the existence of this event without having to be subscribed to it and receive the updates.

Is there any workaround for the latest version?

Thank you guys
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:25:46 pm by tryxter »