Author Topic: Cannot search contacts or link certain objects in .9  (Read 4293 times)

gylf

• View Profile
Cannot search contacts or link certain objects in .9
« on: October 07, 2008, 11:16:31 am »
I upgraded to .9 yesterday and now searches are not returning contacts, only other objects (workspaces, tasks, etc).

Also, the menu for linking an object does not properly list "companies" "documents" or "messages" (no error or log entry, the list  just doesn't update)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Cannot search contacts or link certain objects in .9
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 02:18:16 pm »
I just tested the contact search in demo (and another install) and it works. It is probably an issue with the update process. We'll take a closer look at it.

The second isse was spotted in the 0.9 RC2 release (that was available for download during the weekend, but not announced). Maybe you installed RC2, and not the 'official' RC2?
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

gylf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 05:07:43 pm »
Sorry I should have specified that I "upgraded" from .9RC2 to .9 last night and that is when the search stopped working.  It is likely a problem with that change.

I simply replaced the folders, kept the database the same, and copied over the .9RC2 config file into the new .9 folder.

Were there changes made to the database structure or config file?  Is there a better way to "upgrade" from RC2?  I still have my old RC2 folder and could roll-back if necessary.

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 09:41:29 am »
Have you upgraded opengoo to 0.9RC2 from any previous versions? If so it is very likely that there are some changes to the database..

If you want to update the database please go to /public/upgrade and choose the upgrade options in the correct sequence, this should execute the database upgrade scripts. Also, don't forget to back up your current database before upgrading, as the software is still in beta.

As for the errors in the link objects panel, try refreshing the browser cache, there was a bug in 0.9 RC2 that broke the panel in IE

gylf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 11:27:38 am »
Sorry for not replying earlier.

I did not upgrade from RC2 - that was my first install.
Then I swapped out the RC2 folder for the full .9
I made no database changes.

However, I just found restoring my old RC2 folder did not change the problems.

One issue might be my custom import of contacts.  I wrote a ruby script to import contacts from vCard, and it left some field with NULL rather than an empty string "".  Would this cause the problem?

More importantly, were there any database changes from .9RC2 to full .9?  If so, I did not get them (and the upgrade script from .8->.9 will not run)

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 09:37:22 am »
Hello gylf,
This problem seems to be caused by the nulls you inserted instead of blank strings. Could you solve it?
Why don't you share the Ruby script with the community?
Marcos

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 11:09:11 am »
Hi, If you imported your contacts from outside OpenGoo they won't be searchable. The search is not performed on the contacts table, it is performed on the searchable_objects table, which is updated with the contact info by OpenGoo when you add a contact.