Author Topic: Time Tracking to Incorporate Calendar Appointments  (Read 4099 times)

beavel

• View Profile
    • Email
Time Tracking to Incorporate Calendar Appointments
« on: April 23, 2009, 12:53:34 pm »
It would be great if calendar appointments could be incorporated into the Time, and Report tabs. The ability to see users time on a given task along with associated meetings or appointments would be great for reviewing overall time spent on a project. This would also save time in entering the appointment under the time tab. I hope that makes sense.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Time Tracking to Incorporate Calendar Appointments
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 12:56:55 pm »
conceptually interesting. Might this be accomplished in the 1.4beta custom reports?
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

mike

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 04:25:04 am »
Yes, it could be a very interesting feature... and i hope it will be quickly added to opengoo! ;)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:23:04 pm »
Could you provide more details about the necessity/request?

I'll move this topic to the ideas board while we discuss the details to make it a feature request.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Knut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 01:35:11 pm »
Well, your last post is some days old, but I'd like to continue this thread because I've got the same idea.

What I'm missing is the possibility to merge time tracks of several types in one report. Sure I can create custom reports but only for one type saying "events" or "tasks". Opengoo has a general task report called "Total task execution time". This report should aware of other time consuming work like meetings and customer visits. This way I got an overview of all the time belonging to a special project, milstone or work space.

At the moment as a work around I create a task for each meeting or track the time as a general time slot. But that is double work for me.

To carry this to an extreme even the time between check-out and check-in of an document could be counted in a general report because that is the time taken me for working on it. Yes, I know the time must be editable afterwards if someone forget to check in (like execution time for tasks), so this feature may need some effort.