Author Topic: eMail again  (Read 3588 times)

ttrepper

• View Profile
eMail again
« on: October 28, 2009, 11:04:28 am »
I would find it useful, if the administrator could switch between the current email-perspective and an eMail-perspective, which simply acts like all other webmail-clients, without storing eMails in the internal DB. Pure simple IMAP. :-)

Thomas

Patribus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: eMail again
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 10:37:28 pm »
that would be the most intelligent way of using IMAP

Fabianb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 08:50:22 am »
You couldn't classifiy emails and assign them to workspace then, I guess. However, I also vote for giving users at least the option. Personally, I would prefer using a simple imap client as well.

Cheers,
F

Winchester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 12:09:29 am »
May be an integration plugin could be more useful. I use RoundCube, which I think is a fantastic Webmail app.

ttrepper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 06:08:49 am »
@Fabianb: Yes, you are right, you then cannot assign the eMails to workspaces, but you possibly could store the eMail-Account-Information and perhaps make a relationship (i.e. link) to an eMail stored in a remote imap

@Winchester: Yes, thats the idea. I for myself currently use squirrelmail, but I feel also comfortable with roundcube. Possibly the implemented library swiftmailer http://swiftmailer.org can be used to query imap...

I for myself would find it very usedful to have this possibility, because normally every environment has already an eMail-System before using or migration to opengoo...

Thomas