Author Topic: OG 1.5.3, 1.6beta, 1.6beta2 - GMail-Accounts not working  (Read 3515 times)

Claudio69

• View Profile
OG 1.5.3, 1.6beta, 1.6beta2 - GMail-Accounts not working
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:48:18 pm »
Hi,

i have parametrized two email accounts within opengoo.

One is working which is using normal ports for pop (110) and smtp (25), the other one is not working, it is a googlemail account with ports for pop (pop.googlemail.com / 995 with SSL) and smtp (smtp.googlemail.com / 465 or 587 with TLS).

I am sure that login data - name and password - absolutly correct.

When i press the "get emails" button i get always the same error "Generic login error". I have tested it again by using a stupid string like "popxyz.notgooglemail.com" and i get the same error "Generic login error", so it seems that there is a conflict with the adress or with the portnumber.

What could be the reason?
Greetings

Claudio69

• View Profile
Re: OG 1.5.3, 1.6beta, 1.6beta2 - GMail-Accounts not working
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 07:00:06 am »
Workaround found: http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=190.0
This works on my system.
I hope that this is not the end solution, because with using this workaround i have other problems on my system...but actualy i can live with this.
Greetings Claudio

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:22:16 pm »
GMail should be working correctly with POP3 port 995 over SSL and IMAP port 993 over SSL.

Some people had problems logging in to GMail through and they solved it by using an "unlock captcha" provided by Google. Don't ask me how this works or why this is needed because I have no idea, but you can try it out here. Just fill in the captcha and try fetching email through OpenGoo.

andyinGB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 07:24:27 am »
hello again :),

replied now in different threads.
i tried it this time with this solution and used my own gmail account and also nothing happened. just the same error as usual. neither your solution is working ignacio nor another one.

with thunderbird / outlook it works, weird isn`t it?
help?

Session "default" started at 2009-11-20T10:23:31+0000

#1 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://pop.gmail.com:995 (Connection refused) in '/home/samosa/public_html/opengoo_beta/opengoo/library/PEAR/Net/Socket.php' on line 136 (error code: 2)

#2 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://pop.gmail.com:995 (Connection refused) in '/home/samosa/public_html/opengoo_beta/opengoo/library/PEAR/Net/Socket.php' on line 136 (error code: 2)

#3 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: errMessage in '/home/samosa/public_html/opengoo_beta/opengoo/application/controllers/MailController.class.php' on line 1109 (error code: 8)

Time since start: 0.205836057663 seconds

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:20:32 pm »
Could it be that your hosting provider is blocking some ports? Can you find that out?