Author Topic: RSS feeds reader  (Read 3247 times)

msuzenne

• Freshman
    • View Profile
RSS feeds reader
« on: November 27, 2009, 06:56:54 pm »
What about add a feature to stick at the cutting edge by being notified of the new items of a RSS feed ? It could be done as a new dashboard widget and a new OpenGoo tab "News / RSS feeds" next to the web bookmarks one ...

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
Re: RSS feeds reader
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 02:26:02 pm »
when your on the overview tab for a given workspace, look in the "Workspace Information" widget.

There is a link to an RSS feed of everything going on with that workspace.

Now right now, it will only give you a title, and if you click on the title it will launch openGoo prompting a login.. so this isn't a good solution to give to clients...

I wouldn't mind a version to "hand out" so to speak, that would not have any links in it to openGoo, but would include any descriptive text associated with the action that was logged.

msuzenne

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 05:23:37 pm »
a2opinion : ok but I don't want to suscribe to a RSS feed about what is new to a workspace, but rather I would have my favorite RSS feeds (ie. securityfocus, some webzines' feeds) been displayed into a widget in my workspace. Is there a way to have that done ?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 01:12:26 pm »
I want this too.  :)

Anyone wishing to give coding a try? You'll get plenty of help from the Feng Office team!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 12:08:41 pm »
aaah ok.  I misunderstood and thought you wanted to go the other way.

Hmmn.. maybe an iGoogle RSS reader widget could be hacked to work?