Author Topic: Tags and Missing Emails  (Read 2702 times)

Ajm

• View Profile
Tags and Missing Emails
« on: December 20, 2009, 08:27:02 pm »
Hi,

I am new to this board and fairly new to Feng Office.

I have uploaded just over 1500 emails into Feng Office and whilst I have been going through tagging them, deleting them etc. I have noticed that the number next to the tag name is now incorrect.

I have for example a tag called Chris. This shows 3 items. 2 of which are emails and one is a file relating to that email. This one is correct.
I have another tag called CheckEm which I was using as I loaded the emails to make sure I went through them all and deleted the ones I no longer needed. This shows a count of 228. I can not find any of these in any of the workspaces under any of the tabs.

After a little investigation and some SQL I have found that I have 228 tags in the og_tags table that all relate to MailContent. When I check the og_mail_contents table these 228 entries are there.

My problem is that I can not find any of them even if I use the search function looking for either the from address, subject text or anything for that matter.

Please can someone assist me in finding these missing tagged items.

Regards

Andy

SETUP: ABYSS Web Server 2.6 X2, Feng Office 1.6.1. Client: Windows Vista IE 8, FF 3.5, Safari 4.04
Regards
Regards

Andy

SETUP: ABYSS Web Server 2.6 X2, Feng Office 1.6.1. Client: Windows Vista IE 8, FF 3.5, Safari 4.04

Ajm

• View Profile
Re: Tags and Missing Emails
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 01:57:41 pm »
Hi,

Has anyone got any ideas on this one. It is currently stopping using Feng office if their is a risk I am losing emails etc..

Regards
Regards

Andy

alvarotm01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 03:36:10 pm »
hi,

When deleting emails, they are not deleted physically, they are "marked as deleted", and the tags are not being cleared, thats why you see 228 tagged emails.
To fix that add this line after line 125 of "application/models/mail_contents/MailContent.class.php"
Code: [Select]
$this->clearTags();

regards

Ajm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 05:41:17 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I've made that change but how do I tidy up all the other tags that no longer exist.
Surely when I delete the email and then empty the trash they should be removed completely.

Regards
Regards

Andy