Author Topic: Templates tutorial  (Read 4875 times)

steveuj

• AOL Instant Messenger - steveuj2
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - steveuj
    • View Profile
    • Telchar Systems Inc
    • Email
Templates tutorial
« on: January 23, 2010, 02:15:29 am »
The manual does not show any samples or models for templates

can anyone point me to some concrete examples or instructions on how to set these up and how people are using them?

Thanks, Steve

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
Re: Templates tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 06:03:25 pm »
We haven't used it yet, but we have done some tests with tasks.
So we will setup a milestone with tasks and subtask like we need for every project. In our case we would have a introduction period, then move on to the pre-production, production and post-production, each with default tasks.
The templating system would make it easier to copy this complete structure each time for every new project. Just go to administration area and create a new template, give it a name and add your default milestone/task structure as the object to copy (The link is called "Add an object to this template"). Within the popup you select the task you created earlier.

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:33:11 am »
I keep meaning to make a video for this...
I'll try to get to it his weekend

steveuj

• View Profile
    • Telchar Systems Inc
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 05:41:18 am »
a video would be great

steveuj

• View Profile
    • Telchar Systems Inc
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 05:36:16 am »
Is the video available somewhere, it would be very helpful

pedja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 09:09:36 am »
You are, actually, expected to find it out by yourself and then write tutorial, as with pretty much everything else with FengOfficce.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »
Take into account we are looking forward to making better tutorials and such as soon as we have some time, but not right now. No offense intended at all, but this is a Community, and what is the purpose of such? To help each other in any way. There is also a reason for why the help is based on Wiki format and this forum.. so that way anyone can help in stuff like this.

Regarding the video, I honestly have no idea if it exists or not.. have you tried googling it or running a search in the forum?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

plan_b

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 09:39:02 pm »
I wouldn't mind helping with some tutorials... but I am trying to learn how to create some templates and I am finding it VERY hard... as there isn't ANY info in the wiki.

This looks pretty, but pretty hard to progress to make it a working model for my ideas when some of the basic info is not available for some of us less techie people.

I had been playing with activecollab and even though doc's weren't in great detail, they did have some function. I think the lack of a good manual (printable for folk like me) may be holding back some of the forward movement this script deserves.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 11:10:50 am »
plan_b, do not get me wrong, I do understand what you mean and we do know we have yet to improve our documentation, however, we have been busy fixing bugs and adding certain features to Feng Office, so that is why the documentation currently is somewhat outdated.

Either way, I have just run a search in the forum with the word 'template' and I think you will find the following threads helpful:

http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4500.0
http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=3913.0
http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4878.0

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!