Author Topic: set permissions to workspace through client company?  (Read 2724 times)

pakr

• View Profile
set permissions to workspace through client company?
« on: November 07, 2008, 06:26:54 pm »
It seems that it's not possible to inherit the permissions from a client company to it's users. is it true?

I want to create a client company, and set there the right permissions to the workspaces, then add a user without having to care about the users permissions. this seems to be not working currently.

is there a more convenient way to manage groups of users? currently it seems that each user in opengoo needs to have his settings set.. this can be really tiring in a couple of classes with about 40 students each. especially if at the end of the school year all the permissions need to be reset for each user.

msauter

• View Profile
Re: set permissions to workspace through client company?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 04:04:02 am »
I guess you are right. As far as I understand it, workspace permissions are not inherited to all users of a client company (they are only removed from all users of a client company if you remove them from the company itself).

Please see http://www.liveserver.ch/opengoo_wiki/doku.php?id=user_rights#company_level_permissions for more details.

I can see that it's a problem to manage the permissions of many users. Let's hope that user groups are becoming more flexible in OpenGoo 1.1.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: set permissions to workspace through client company?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:15 am »
Hi. We will take this into account and try to fit it into the roadmap.

Thanks.