Author Topic: Change user roles fengoffice 1.6.2  (Read 2763 times)

niggoledde

• View Profile
Change user roles fengoffice 1.6.2
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:53:48 pm »
Hey everybody!
I tried to change the workspace of an user. With "assign to workspace" but it doesn't change or it makes a new workspace and the old one is still there.
but i want to move the contact from one workspace to another one. like: mr. x is assigned to workspace "partners" and should now be moved to the workspace "customers".
When i change the workspace from a company it works.

thanks for your help

etset

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Change user roles fengoffice 1.6.2
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 09:21:19 am »
I'm having exactly the same problem.

Say a contact is assigned to one (or more) workspaces. When I try to edit the workspaces that contact is assigned to, the message says "Success", but no changes are made: the contact is still assigned to the same workspaces.

Sometimes I've worked around this by assigning the contact to a few more workspaces, submiting the changes, then removing everything and submiting  again, but in one particular case it's not working: I keep adding workspaces and can't remove them!

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:41:29 am »
Hi, can you try to give us a step by step guide to reproduce the error?

Thanks.

etset

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 04:16:13 pm »
I'm affraid it's not easy to be too specific, it's a sort of incomprehensible bug, but here goes:

1. Create a new contact: 'Person'.
2. From the Contacts tab, click on 'Person' for the contact information page to appear.
3. On that page, on right hand side ("Actions" menu) click "Assign to workspace" and assign 'Person' to the various workspaces he/she belongs to. Submit those changes.
4. Later, try selecting 'Person' again, clicking on "Assign to workspace", and try to remove 'Person' from one or more workspaces. Submit those changes.
5. You get the "Success: Contact 'Person' has been updated successfully". Now go see the workspaces 'Person' is assigned to: they are the same as previously!

Why this happens (i.e. dis-assigning 'Person' from one or more workspaces not working) is something that I haven't understood yet...

One thing I can say: i've tried randomly dis-assigning contacts from workspaces and this seems to be permantently "broken" i.e. I can't dis-assign "any" (well I haven't tried all ~50 of them) contact from the workspaces they are assigned to!!!

Final note: Assigning contacts to workspaces always worked and is still working, only dis-assigning seems to be bugged =/

PS: I'm using version 1.6.2
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 07:42:36 am by etset »