Author Topic: How to view more than 5 users?  (Read 3340 times)

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
How to view more than 5 users?
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:07:26 am »
I have many users, and soon will have many more, which creates several problems...

1.  Only being able to see 5 at a time is very limiting, can I see 20?
2.  There's no way to jump to the "M's" for instance, I have to guess what page they might be on.  Is there a way to navigate by name?
3.  Every time I make a change, it takes me back to the first page of users and I have to jump back into the pages, again guessing which one the person of interest might be on.

This is adding quite a bit of work :(  Is there an easier way that I just have not found?
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
Re: How to view more than 5 users?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 07:46:38 pm »
Only crickets?
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 09:25:11 pm »
what module & screen are you talking about?
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 03:32:29 am »
i think , he talk about the modul Administration->Users.

You can see only 5 users at this page. If you want to see more you must navigate to them. allenlook want to see more then 5 users per page.
I think that the modul is buggy .
i have 17 users and see 5 pages. the last page is empty.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:57:57 am »
Oh, sorry - of course it would have been helpful for me to mention the screen I was talking about.

Yes, I mean in the Administration screens, where user accounts are viewed, added and edited.

I can only see 5 users per screen and there is no way to navigate into the list alphabetically like I see on many user/contact applications, a simple A|B|C|D|E|F... list of links at the top of the screen would suffice.

I also sometimes have blank pages, where the next-to-last page will have only three users or so on it, and then the very last page will be blank.  That happened when I had five pages of users, but now that I have nine pages of users I no longer have the problem.

idleline

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:50:54 pm »
in the file: applications/views/administration/list_users.php

find the code snippet:
Code: [Select]
<?php if (($counter == || ($cantPages && $counter == $cantUsers)) && $isUsersList ){?>
        </div>
  <?php

change the 5 to the number you wish to display