Author Topic: Roadmap for email features?  (Read 2177 times)

linker3000

• View Profile
    • Email
Roadmap for email features?
« on: February 03, 2010, 01:08:18 pm »
Is there a roadmap for Feng Office - especially for email - that I haven't found yet? I have been looking at the app with a view to it replacing our company Intranet for around 140+ people but can't  go ahead because of the way that  the IMAP email functionality behaves.

Because many of our senior team access their email from multiple, mobile devices (laptops, PDAs etc.), and because it will take time to prise them away from Outlook, our IMAP mail server must hold a full set of all email sent, received and all other folders created by them, but Feng doesn't do IMAP this way and it's a showstopper for us. I have seen others mentioning this IMAP 'problem' so it would be great if this is going to change.

It would also be fantastic if there was a user-managed out-of-office email autoreply feature.

Thanks

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Roadmap for email features?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:26:12 pm »
No roadmap, not public anyhow. On occasion a dev might mention that they're working on some particular feature, but rarely a timeline will be mentioned.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

linker3000

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 11:54:17 am »
Thanks for the reply. I'm still evaluating Feng Office but get the feeling that we'll be using something else - shame as the IMAP issue is a showstopper regardless of how good the rest of the package is.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 11:06:42 pm »
I can't pin down some of the features - not sure why I'd want another email system or document manager when it's really the collaboration features and the multi-user multi-level to-do list and project management that for me are the strongest parts (and uniquest parts) of the Feng Office product.

Those parts rock, while the other ones still confuse me a bit as to why I'd use them - but again I'm a noob.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.