Author Topic: Combined Tags Queries  (Read 2872 times)

chamont

• View Profile
Combined Tags Queries
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:49:56 pm »
Few years ago, I was really delighted to discover the tags in google mail, and how powerful the concept was, as compared to the bad old folders.

I was very happy again to see that Feng Office also support the Tags feature.
Yet, this is definitively frustating that we can select only one tag at a time, and a real underuse of the concept.

Please ! please ! Add the possibility to say something like "tag1 and tag2 but not tag3", etc.

A simple graphic interface could be to add "+" and "-" button near each tag, so that one can activate and/or desactive any number of tags.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
Re: Combined Tags Queries
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:37:42 pm »
That's interesting  :)
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:37:26 am »
This will be available in version 1.8. Not exactly as you describe it but you will be able to choose multiple tags and chose whether those tags are to be intersected (default) or joined. You can chose what happens by a popup menu in the tags toolbar.

E.g.: I select tag1, tag2 and tag3. The results shown will be objects tagged with tag1, tag2 AND tag3 if the filter is set to intersect tags. The results will be objects tagged with tag1, tag2 OR tag3 if the filter is set to join tags.

chamont

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 11:44:57 am »
I long for it  :D

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 02:30:59 pm »
 8)
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.