Author Topic: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office  (Read 256430 times)

abdsheikh

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2011, 04:47:50 pm »
Glad you got it sorted!  Enjoy!  :)
PLz reply

beto

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 15, 2011, 02:35:21 pm »
Hi,

I already done everything I have the "Labs" tab correctly in FengOffice and I can see the form from there but when I submit or when I click over Printer Friendly I don't get anything just a blank new window, I atached the MySQL log, maybe somebody can check it and tell if the error is there?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

bpritchard

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2011, 12:03:14 pm »
Allen. i'm having an issue w/the SQL script. I've gone in and changed all the db names to match what my db contains, i also had to remove all the og_ and replace them with feng_ as my db contained those names. Once i've done all of this i get this error when i run now...

SQL query:

CREATE PROCEDURE annosoft_fng1.`get_my_workspaces` (

) BEGIN DELETE FROM my_tblworkspaces;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4

Any clue on that one? I'm so close..  but still hung up on this. tried a number of options..

beto

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2011, 12:12:02 pm »
Hi,

I had the same problem and I solved it, the solution you can find it in page 7 of this topic you have to add another delimiter to the procedures, try it that's the answer, please tell me what happened when you finish.

bpritchard

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2011, 12:30:53 pm »
Well that messed it up even more.. i get this error now...

Error
There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 90
STR: //
SQL:

-- DROP and CREATE PROCEDUREs

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS annosoft_fng1.get_my_workspaces//
CREATE PROCEDURE annosoft_fng1.`get_my_workspaces`()
BEGIN

DELETE FROM my_tblworkspaces;

SQL query:

-- DROP and CREATE PROCEDUREs DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS annosoft_fng1.get_my_workspaces// CREATE PROCEDURE annosoft_fng1.`get_my_workspaces`() BEGIN DELETE FROM my_tblworkspaces;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '//
CREATE PROCEDURE annosoft_fng1.`get_my_workspaces`()
BEGIN

DELETE FROM m' at line 3

Based on what you said i replaced the ;'s before the CREATE PROCEDURE (line before) and the ones after END so it reads END//

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2011, 12:43:00 pm »
The first instructions on Page 7 indicate:

For those of you seeing this error, this happened to me also, the problem turned out to be the delimiter used between the lines in the "CREATE PROCEDURE" statements, I changed the delimiter to // right before all the CREATE PROCEDURE statements, and make sure the final "END" for each ends in a // rather than a ;

Then you set the DELIMITER back to ; after the CREATE PROCEDURE statements

Did you change the delimiter the SQL engine expects using the DELIMITER command, or did you just change the delimiter text in your code?  See the sample code on this page:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/stored-programs-defining.html
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

beto

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2011, 12:46:42 pm »
That worked for me, take a look at my .sql it's not complete it only has the changes made on the procedures that were causing the problems, the same that are causing yours. Try to apply it to yours and tell me please what happens

Roberto.

beto

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2011, 12:52:29 pm »
Hi Allen,

I already have jsGantt working alright but it doesn't responds to the user roles and permissions, is there a way that I could implement that or has someone already walked through this?

Roberto.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2011, 12:55:05 pm »
There are no user roles or permissions associated with it.  I believe the Feng people were looking at a more robust solution, but this one was developed to suit our own internal needs, which did not include security.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

bpritchard

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:03 pm »
@beto
ok well i modified your script to look for my databases and changed all the og_ to feng_ (as thats what the entries are named in my db) and it runs successfully, but now it doesn't  create any my_whatevers. And when i pull up the Labs tab, the screen is there w/an empty box even though i have a workspace w/a few tasks in it.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2011, 01:26:30 pm »
The solution for that is probably in one of the first few posts in this thread.  I suspect bad or un-escaped data, perhaps single or double quotes in your workspace names?

Do a "View Page Source" and you will likely see the error message at the bottom of the HTML that tells you what is wrong.

beto

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2011, 01:30:24 pm »
@bpritchard

Have you created the my_  tables? because I attached the .sql only with the procedure querys.

Try removing all the jsGantt tables, functions and procedures it's quick and then run the complete .sql, I recommend you to divide the entire .sql in 2 parts first run the part where you create the tables and functions and after that you should run the other part the one that has all the procedures (the one that I attached earlier), that worked perfectly for me.

Roberto

bpritchard

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2011, 01:41:18 pm »
@beta
AHA! Ok yeah, i didn't realize it was a 2 part deal. :) Tables created sucessfully and updated using ur script. now, when i go to the actual Labs page, i see 2 boxes: One with the workspace lists and an empty one. It says on the left that i need to select stuff and hit submit.. but.. no submit button. ?? Whats up w/that?!

NOTE : I'm only using Allen's jsgantt files and NOT the ones from the jsgantt site. Is that correct?

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2011, 01:49:12 pm »
Your data has something in it that the code doesn't like.  Probably a single or double quote.  Read the first few posts in this thread.  That problem in particular, and its resolution, is probably listed.

bpritchard

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2011, 02:02:13 pm »
@allen,

Hmm in the data? Not sure i get you. Are you referring to the entries in the application or the items that were edited to make the site available?