Author Topic: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office  (Read 255688 times)

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
Re: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2010, 10:38:35 am »
Does it take you to the overview page when you click the Submit button?

Yes it does, and I gave up trying to find the reason by myself.
Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,
--Wz

Does it switch to the Overview tab (literally) or does it display the contents of the Overview tab in your new Gantt tab?
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

WiZaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2010, 11:55:16 am »

Does it switch to the Overview tab (literally) or does it display the contents of the Overview tab in your new Gantt tab?
[/quote]

The 'submit' button fills the current tab with the content of the Overview .
The 'Do this in a new window' button opens the Overview tab.

Thank you for the help.
Wz

WiZaxx

• View Profile
Open-flash-charts
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 11:58:46 am »
Got in touch with John Glazebrook at Open-Flash-Charts who pointed me here:
http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart-2/adv-shapes.php

Not sure if it is worth the trouble, though.
--Wz

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 02:25:28 pm »

The 'submit' button fills the current tab with the content of the Overview .
The 'Do this in a new window' button opens the Overview tab.

Under Account / Edit Preferences / General, I am curious if you have Initial Workspace set to All?  Mine is set to Remember Last.

Also, I had a problem like this once and I had to click "Reset User Interface" just below that...  Can you try those two things and let me know what it does?
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

WiZaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 03:28:17 pm »

Under Account / Edit Preferences / General, I am curious if you have Initial Workspace set to All?  Mine is set to Remember Last.

Also, I had a problem like this once and I had to click "Reset User Interface" just below that...  Can you try those two things and let me know what it does?

No luck unfortunately. (Tried one at the time)
I'm on 1.6.1 if that makes any difference...

--Wx

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 05:02:02 pm »
I'm sorry I've never run 1.6.1 so I can't say if it makes a difference or not - the page only calls itself using $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], so it may very well be something in the setup of your custom tab?

You don't need to integrate it as a tab, though, can you just load the index.php file in a new window and see what it gives you?  eg, not from within Feng Office?

mangoman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2010, 01:31:30 am »
I have the same problem as carcam (reply#23) - and this is the entire error message:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS tedxdfo_oficina.my_GetWorkSpaceName; CREATE FUNCTION te' at line 3

The te' at the end of the error message begins the SQL code.

I replaced the fengoffice db name with mine and followed all the steps ...then looked at the line that was generating the error. I replaced all instances of latin1 with utf8 - but that didn't work either. This is what it generated:

CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `my_workspaces` AS select `og_projects`.`id` AS `pID`,replace(`og_projects`.`name`,'&','and') AS `pName`,NULL AS `pStart`,NULL AS `pEnd`,`og_projects`.`color` AS `pColor`,0 AS `pMile`,NULL AS `pRes`,NULL AS `pEmail`,'0' AS `pComp`,1 AS `pGroup`,(case `og_projects`.`id` when `og_projects`.`p1` then 0 when `og_projects`.`p2` then `og_projects`.`p1` when `og_projects`.`p3` then `og_projects`.`p2` when `og_projects`.`p4` then `og_projects`.`p3` when `og_projects`.`p5` then `og_projects`.`p4` when `og_projects`.`p6` then `og_projects`.`p5` when `og_projects`.`p7` then `og_projects`.`p6` when `og_projects`.`p8` then `og_projects`.`p7` when `og_projects`.`p9` then `og_projects`.`p8` end) AS `pParent`,(case `og_projects`.`p2` when 0 then `og_projects`.`p1` else (case `og_projects`.`p3` when 0 then concat(`og_projects`.`p1`,'.',`og_projects`.`p2`) else (case `og_projects`.`p4` when 0 then concat(`og_projects`.`p1`[...]

MySQL said:

#1227 - Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation

--------
Well, that user has Super privileges, so I don;'t know what I'm doing incorrectly. I tried running queries little by little in different orders, without success. I really need to visualize the project in phases & tasks via a Gantt chart, so this is *really* important - or I'll have to use another solution. And noone wants that, of course.  :'(

Thanks in advance for your guidance!
John

WiZaxx

• View Profile
super privilege probem
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2010, 01:48:06 am »
I had the same problem with super privilege.

My MySQL is in a server but is set under one of the domains. The user has full privileges, but when I access the database through the domain I get the error.

So I access the database directly from the server and I was able to get rid of the error.

TRy to access your database via the WebControl in your server control panel,  NOT from the domain.... It worked for me.

--Wz
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:51:52 am by WiZaxx »

WiZaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2010, 01:50:21 am »
You don't need to integrate it as a tab, though, can you just load the index.php file in a new window and see what it gives you?  eg, not from within Feng Office?

OK it runs perfectly stand-alone, but still have problems from the tab.
Thank you for the pointer, I'll investigate further and let you know...

--Wz

mangoman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2010, 02:24:00 am »
Thanks, but I logged in to PHPAdmin via the WebHost Manager (using the IP address) and got the *same* result!!

I'm on a shared server. Do I need to ask my host to do this for me? (I hope not - more delays!)

Thanks.
John

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2010, 11:03:40 am »
I'm not a MySQL expert by any means :(

Try dropping this text from the view and try again, it is not really necessary AFAIK:

ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` SQL SECURITY DEFINER

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2010, 02:15:28 pm »
To keep you updated, it is turning out to be phenomenally difficult to use MySQL to get the workspaces, milestones, and tasks/subtasks all in the correct WBS order for display on the Gantt chart by alphabetical/start date/end date order.

We continue to experience limitations of MySQL with aliased derived tables, the inability to include variables or parameters of any kind in views, etc. but we will eventually win out.

The final result may unfortunately include more SQL from the PHP side or temporary tables, but we will do our best to not have to do that...

WiZaxx

• View Profile
How to set up the tab to host the Gantt chart application [NOT YET WORKING]
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2010, 02:37:59 pm »
Any help to figure it why it will not display the chart in the tab when it actually works as direct url?

Here are my settings as per 'Hello world" application:
The new file  /application/controllers/GanttController.class.php:
Code: [Select]
<?php

class GanttController extends ApplicationController {
function __construct() {
parent::__construct();
prepare_company_website_controller($this'website');
}
function index() {

}
}
?>

the new entry in /public/assets/javascript/og/layout.js
og.panels.gantt = new og.ContentPanel({
title: lang('gantt'),
id: 'gantt-panel',
iconCls: 'ico-gantt',
refreshOnWorkspaceChange: true,
defaultContent: {
type: "url",
data: og.getUrl('gantt','index')
}
})

My tab list in /langage/en_us/lang.js:
/* tabs */
'overview': 'Overview',
'messages': 'Notes',
'contacts': 'Contacts',
'calendar': 'Calendar',
'tasks': 'Tasks',
'web pages': 'Web Links',
'documents': 'Documents',
'account': 'Account',
'administration': 'Administration',
'search': 'Search',
'webpage': 'Weblink',
'message': 'Note',
'gantt':'Gantt',

My icon call in /public/assets/themes/myTheme/stylesheets/general/layout.css:
.ico-gantt {
background: transparent url(../../images/16x16/Gantt.png) no-repeat scroll 0 3px !important;
}

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:36:06 pm by WiZaxx »

WiZaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2010, 02:48:34 pm »

The final result may unfortunately include more SQL from the PHP side or temporary tables, but we will do our best to not have to do that...

please don't get me wrong here, I'm far too code-challenged to give you directions!  :-[ just brainstorming.... in the jsGantt site, they mention feeding the data through an XML file, would that be any easier?

--Wz

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 03:00:06 pm »
It would be "OK" in a single-user environment, but would require more management (having to create/write/open/close/delete the files) than just using MySQL in-memory arrays, and in a multi-user environment it would be even a little more of a pain in the butt to manage the files per-session.