Author Topic: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office  (Read 256440 times)

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2010, 05:10:17 pm »
Great job allenlook!

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm already excited about it.

We'll contact you about this soon.

Thanks!

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2010, 05:16:02 pm »
Glad you like it.

We are still hammering out the best sort mechanism, and of course there is the challenge of dependencies, but I am happy that it is getting "close".
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2010, 06:31:25 pm »
Someone from the forum just sent me an email message, but my spam filter ate it before I could see who it was from.

If it was from you, I apologize, and could you please resend it?
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2010, 11:32:17 am »
Resent

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2010, 01:14:58 pm »
Thank you, and my apologies for the mishap.

sjacques65

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2010, 06:18:28 am »
Hye, thanks for this great job.

I have a small problem, everything runs fine if I use it separately from FengOffice. But when I use it under the panel "lab"  the submit button has for result to go back to the global overview panel of FengOffice. I check several times what I set to run it and everything is exactly as explained.

Any idea about this? Thanks

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2010, 10:05:46 am »
You are the second person to experience this, and I wish I was more expert in how Feng Office works internally.  I followed the instructions on how to implement the "Hello World" application, with some changes that seemed to be necessary for 1.6.2 (eg. I copied some of the code from other tabs until it worked).

The "Submit" button is simply doing a call to the same page (eg. it is calling itself to submit the form selections, and the first thing the page does is check itself to see if anything was submitted - a recursive form/page).

I can only surmise that if you have set everything up correctly that there is something in your settings that is telling Feng Office to return to the Overview tab (I am guessing that is what is happening) each time the page is refreshed.

In Administration, under Configuration, User Preferences, General, there are some settings that will Remember the last workspace visited, and an option to Reset User Interface.  Perhaps if you try those two things - eg. set it to Remember Last (as I have) and also reset the user interface.

These are the only two suggestions I have.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2010, 02:50:04 pm »
Gantt charting is, if we are not mistaken, complete and the source code for Feng Gantt 10.0 will be posted shortly.

The sorting of all Workspaces, Milestones and Tasks/Subtasks now occurs correctly, by alphabetical, start/end date, etc. as appropriate.

It is unfortunate that it took this long, and that it does require the use of a handful of functions, stored procedures and temporary tables.  We are not happy with the code or the mechanism that was ultimately required to make this work, but we ran into more than a half-dozen MySQL bugs during this process and we ran out of time and resources to continue trying to work through them - eventually we decided to take this route and work around them instead.

On the plus side of the equation, it is *much* faster than it was previously, and I have added the option for you to be able to display (or not) the Duration, Start/End Dates and Resource columns of the Gantt chart.

I will post the source code by the end of the day and update the instructions accordingly.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2010, 04:33:35 pm »
feng_gantt_10.0 has been posted.  Enjoy.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2010, 10:07:01 am »
I've fixed a tiny error in one of the functions.  my_getworkspacename was accidentally pointed to a database with "_dev" appended even after the search and replace was completed.

I've updated the code and posted it as 10.1.

Many thanks again to Kevin Stone for the SQL heavy lifting.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2010, 12:35:54 pm »
Note: feng_gantt_10.0 and above now format the task names with html entities in UTF-8 format - could someone tell me whether or not the special characters appear correctly?

mangoman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2010, 02:47:35 pm »
Can't yet tell you if the UTF8 helped. After upgrading , I first couldn't get the workspaces to appear (only after running the v10.1 query did they appear), but the workspaces with special characters currently do not display. (See attached image.)

The SQL query generates this error:

Error
SQL query:

CREATE PROCEDURE fengoffice_db.`get_my_workspaces` (

) BEGIN DELETE FROM my_tblworkspaces;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2010, 10:27:24 pm »
Thank you for testing it.  If they do not display, then we know they aren't valid in UTF-8 - the htmlentities() function returns null if it encounters characters which aren't valid...

We may have to substitute ISO to get them to appear, but will that cause problems for other languages?

There should not have been a difference between 10.0 and 10.1 with having the workspaces appear...  I've also run the SQL queries numerous times on fresh databases and I didn't get any syntax errors, maybe it's complaining about the use of two dashes '--' instead of a pound sign '#' for the comments?

mangoman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2010, 07:47:04 am »
No, it's not just the fact that those 2 lines don't appear; the Submit button doesn't produce results as it did before. I may have to scrap this and start over rather than try to "fix" it. I'll get back to this a day or so
Thanks,
John

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2010, 09:53:16 am »
It may not produce any results if the data is invalid - you can test going back to ISO by finding the line:
Code: [Select]
$pName = htmlentities($pName, 3, "UTF-8", false); //ENT_NOQUOTES=DEFAULT, ENT_COMPAT=2, ENT_QUOTES=3
and changing the UTF-8 to ISO-8859-15, as in:

Code: [Select]
$pName = htmlentities($pName, 3, "ISO-8859-15", false); //ENT_NOQUOTES=DEFAULT, ENT_COMPAT=2, ENT_QUOTES=3