Author Topic: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office  (Read 256420 times)

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
Re: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2010, 01:21:06 pm »
feng_gantt 11.0 is posted - it adds a drop-down selection box that lets you select any of the PHP-compliant character sets to display your chart with, including Latin-9 (default), Latin-1, UTF-8, Russian, Cyrillic(s), Chinese, Japanese, etc.

Only index.php was changed for those of you keeping up.  Your revision number also now appears on-screen.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2010, 04:44:52 pm »
feng_gantt 11.1 is posted, only index.php is changed.

Minor change to fix a typo in multi-select workspace SQL statement, and some new test code (commented out for now) to allow clicking on a task and having it jump to the correct view on the Task tab in Feng Office.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

meemoo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2010, 10:24:16 am »
Hello!

I´ve downloaded v11.1 and get this error by executing the sql (using phpMyAdmin):

SQL-Befehl:  

CREATE FUNCTION db1234.`my_GetWorkSpaceRow` (
sCHAR( 20 )
) RETURNS char( 128 ) CHARSET latin1 RETURN (
SELECT rowcount
FROM db1234.my_tblworkspaces
WHERE pID = s
);

MySQL meldet:  
#1044 - Access denied for user 'db1234'@'%' to database 'db1234'

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2010, 10:46:01 am »
This appears to be a security issue with your database that we probably cannot help you with.  It may be that your user account only has localhost access, and you are trying to run the SQL queries from another computer across the network?

selyay

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2010, 04:41:24 pm »
first of all thanks for this great add-on but i got the same error,what can i do?

Can't yet tell you if the UTF8 helped. After upgrading , I first couldn't get the workspaces to appear (only after running the v10.1 query did they appear), but the workspaces with special characters currently do not display. (See attached image.)

The SQL query generates this error:

Error
SQL query:

CREATE PROCEDURE fengoffice_db.`get_my_workspaces` (

) BEGIN DELETE FROM my_tblworkspaces;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4

i got the same error even with a clean installation of 1.6.2.
thanks for your help

sdwhite

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2010, 09:18:04 pm »
I completed the installation of the tool and have the web page coming up that allows me to select what to chart, but then when I tell it to do the chart, it comes back to the selection page, it doesn't show any charts.  Same result if I select new window.  Any thoughts on what might cause that?  No errors in the logs and it appears like all the MySQL statements ran fine.

sdwhite

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2010, 09:25:16 pm »
For those of you seeing this error, this happened to me also, the problem turned out to be the delimiter used between the lines in the "CREATE PROCEDURE" statements, I changed the delimiter to // right before all the CREATE PROCEDURE statements, and make sure the final "END" for each ends in a // rather than a ;

Then you set the DELIMITER back to ; after the CREATE PROCEDURE statements

first of all thanks for this great add-on but i got the same error,what can i do?

Can't yet tell you if the UTF8 helped. After upgrading , I first couldn't get the workspaces to appear (only after running the v10.1 query did they appear), but the workspaces with special characters currently do not display. (See attached image.)

The SQL query generates this error:

Error
SQL query:

CREATE PROCEDURE fengoffice_db.`get_my_workspaces` (

) BEGIN DELETE FROM my_tblworkspaces;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4

i got the same error even with a clean installation of 1.6.2.
thanks for your help

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2010, 10:40:29 am »
I completed the installation of the tool and have the web page coming up that allows me to select what to chart, but then when I tell it to do the chart, it comes back to the selection page, it doesn't show any charts.  Same result if I select new window.  Any thoughts on what might cause that?  No errors in the logs and it appears like all the MySQL statements ran fine.

As indicated in the selection page, if your selection includes no data, or if your selection returns any invalid data, there will be no chart displayed.  Try looking at a "View Page source" to see if there are embedded single or double quotes or other special characters we did not escape correctly.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2010, 10:42:05 am »
For those of you seeing this error, this happened to me also, the problem turned out to be the delimiter used between the lines in the "CREATE PROCEDURE" statements, I changed the delimiter to // right before all the CREATE PROCEDURE statements, and make sure the final "END" for each ends in a // rather than a ;

Can you post what worked, and I will update the source code?

meemoo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2010, 05:26:48 pm »
I had some problems with the sql-file but got help from my provider. I´m not sure this still works like it should because I don´t get any gantt-charts. The only screen shown is "Select data to include on Gantt" - that´s all.

I don´t have any access to the DB by an other tool then phpMyAdmin - so I edited the sql-file to work with this. Maybe this helps others who have the same problem.

Also edited:
CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW
to:
CREATE VIEW

Got security warnings without editing - maybe someone could check this.

Have a look at http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?98,126320,247753#msg-247753 for more information. Attached you´ll find my edited sql-file. Using phpMyAdmin you have to enter "$$" as seperator when executing it.

sdwhite

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2010, 05:53:27 pm »
Just like "meemo" I also had to modify the file to remove the security definition at the beginning of the statements because the hosting company I'm working with (perhaps the same one) doesn't allow the level of permission needed to run the statements as they were.  Attached is the version of the SQL script I was able to make run, and by the way I figured out my other problem, I'm on a Linux host and there were some case problems in the procedure definitions, specifically the original was looking for my_tblWorkSpaces and my_tblMileStones in the procedure definitions and those don't exist, they have to be all lower-case.  So my installation is working fine now.  Thanks for putting this out to the community, it was helpful.

sdwhite

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2010, 05:55:25 pm »
The resolution for this problem was actually to remove some mixed-case names in the SQL file, I posted the change in my response to the other thread about changing the delimiter.

As indicated in the selection page, if your selection includes no data, or if your selection returns any invalid data, there will be no chart displayed.  Try looking at a "View Page source" to see if there are embedded single or double quotes or other special characters we did not escape correctly.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »
I removed the security definitions and took care of the multi-case in the view create statements and added a note to the beginning of the SQL file indicating that the delimiter might need to be changed if you are using PHPmyAdmin (not everyone does).

To be uploaded as 11.2.

sdwhite

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2010, 06:40:00 pm »
I removed the security definitions and took care of the multi-case in the view create statements and added a note to the beginning of the SQL file indicating that the delimiter might need to be changed if you are using PHPmyAdmin (not everyone does).

To be uploaded as 11.2.

Great, note that the delimiter problem was not a PHPmyAdmin problem for me, I was using the mysql command-line client on Linux, client version 5.0.32 and server version 5.0.67

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2010, 06:42:45 pm »
And in that case you had to use "//"?