Author Topic: "Sharing" calendar events  (Read 3105 times)

robbrandt

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Sharing" calendar events
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:16:39 pm »
I have been using Feng/Goo for several months on my own and now I have been tasked with getting the whole organization on board.

We have a need for an organizational calendar.  Nine staff members. Each person has their own area of work and therefore workspaces.  But we all need to know roughly where the other is at a given time.  No detail necessary.  For example, I work on managing conferences at remote locations; other staff have nothing to do with conferences but they need to see on their calendar that I am in (say) Portland OR in June.

How do we do this?

An invitation doesn't seem "right" since I am not really inviting them to participate in the conference activities.

Subscribers seems more appropriate but the other staff members don't show up in the list to select them. Or does this suggest I don't have that user set up correctly?

Suggestions?

Thanks

mrmango

• View Profile
Re: "Sharing" calendar events
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:20:56 pm »
Hi,

Each user has their own space, marked as personal. If you create a section called public and add each staff member as a sub work space.

Or create a section called "general office" and put workspaces in there. Each section could be areas like projects etc. Give all the users access to a group called "staff". Add the staff group to the workspace, so when you add a event etc, all can see it.

Just some quick thoughts.

Thanks