Author Topic: I have no Idea how to Work this?  (Read 3469 times)

2WSystems

• View Profile
    • Email
I have no Idea how to Work this?
« on: March 28, 2010, 02:18:17 am »
I'm trying to use this system to manage a team of freelancers.

I want to assign each freelance to a workspace that they can  go to in order to choose the job they wish to complete before I assign it.

For example I will have writers and designers.

I need a workspace for each of them to go choose the project they wish to do and then for me to assign it.

I understand Fengoffice does this but the documentation is not very clear on using it to do what I need to do,

Please help.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:19:57 am by 2WSystems »

2WSystems

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I have no Idea how to Work this?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 02:34:34 am »
 Might I add and not to be ingorant. The documentation isn't much good to anyone looking to use this system.

It should be more informative of how the whole system works overall instead of info on the features over and over again.

I'm free to write the technical manuls if needed because I seriously belive improvements there are a necessity to the success of Feng Office.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:37:01 am »
I have defined a "Public Workspace" in our Feng Office, where everyone can see items and/or post items as well.

Our people belong to one or more "Groups", and I assign permissions across workspaces mostly by Group, which makes it much faster.

If you think that would work for you, and you need more information, just reply and I'll try to help out.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

2WSystems

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 02:33:46 pm »
Yes definitely.

In example I have these categories of team members.

Programmers
Writers
Copywriters
Designers
Consultants

I need to be able ro post projects to the workspaces for them to choose to complete. Each category of member having a different workspace.

I've got something working like this now atfer much messing around but noticed that the people with access can just click "completed" rather than request to be assigned.

Is it also possible to have them request to be assigned rather than just click "completed"?

I look forward to your instruction.

Thanks.

Thanks.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 10:48:05 am »
How about this...

Create a workspace for each group, and then assign that group "Read Only" permissions for the tasks and milestones within it.

Your team members can request assignments by e-mail, at which point you can move those tasks to another workspace where they have full permissions to update those tasks and mark them as complete when appropriate.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.